Has anyone else noticed that the sound of media is noticeably better with the backplate ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pearlberry27 no está en línea Stack level 2

better sound with backplate off?

Advertisement

Has anyone else noticed that the sound of media is noticeably better with the backplate off? I'm thinking of buying a new backplate and modifying it. Anyone else have any better solutions?

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    There have been several folks here who have "modified" the speaker area so that you can hear it better..... including drilling additional holes in the speaker area for sound.
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    I have noticed a great diffrence in the sound with the backplate off. I dont know if someone has done a "write up" on how to modify the backplate? but if i can get a hold of an extra backplate to play with, I will make sure I post it up with pictures... for those interested.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There is a few threads with pictures on modified backplates, but please do give us your version always interesting to see new mods.

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There is a few threads with pictures on modified backplates, but please do give us your version always interesting to see new mods.
    Since I took the day off from work, I am going to stop by a retail store to find out if I can purchase and extra "backplate" (if that is what it is called). As soon as I get a hold of one, I will try it out.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    There really isn't a walk through so to say of a how to modify the back plate...

What I did was take a piece of electrical tape, and put it over the back plate, just below the BlackBerry logo. The reason I did that, was to ensure that a drill bit wouldn't crack the plastic as I drilled.

Then, just get a small drill bit (By the way, make sure your backplate is NOT on the phone when you do this), and then drill how ever many holes you feel comfortable drilling. I did 6 in a circular motion, and I can't remember what the bit sizes were, but they were fairly small.

Then just remove the electrical tape, and you should have your "grille" made underneath it...