For those with bestskinsever, I sketched out the sides of the pearl and made these ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Bestskinsever template for sides of Pearl

Advertisement

For those with bestskinsever, I sketched out the sides of the pearl and made these templates for the 2 sides.

The DIY sheets from BSE are exactly 95mm, so that worked out pretty well.

The corners of the sides aren't protected, and I'm gonna work on templates for them too but haven't had a chance yet.

I made the openings about 1mm wider so when they are transferred onto a sheet, the openings won't be too small. I also made the overall width of the templates 1mm thinner (0.5mm trimmed from each side), so when I transfer them to the sheet and cut them, they won't be too wide and wrap onto the screen or back cover. I haven't had a chance to actually use these with the skin yet, but the paper cutouts fit except for the provisions i made.

I need a new blade before cutting the BSE skin 'cuz the one i'm using is getting dull.

If you want to try it, it's here (drawn to scale): http://mysite.verizon.net/mrdeeno/images/pearlsides.pdf
    Last edited by mrdeeno; 11-08-2006 at 10:24 PM.

phungy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thread bookmarked. Thanks!
    BB 8100 v.4.2.0.42 Unlocked
    Accs: 1GB MicroSD, BSE Total Body Skin, Seidio Rubberized Case, BT H500

PM me for NEW OEM BB Pearl battery doors!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Awesome deeno!

hope no one has used these templates yet...i'm adjusting the position of some of the buttons a tad.

UPDATED...

tweaked the position of some of the buttons a little. The templates should be good now.
    Last edited by mrdeeno; 11-08-2006 at 10:24 PM.

got a new blade and cut out sides from the BSE using the templates. Perfect fit for the openings, but I cut the one side too close to the line, so the one side doesnt' wrap exactly to the front edge. But it's close enough that i'm going to live with it.