Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by I7oobie ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Well, put it this way, it took me ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: BestSkinsEver? It really is!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well, put it this way, it took me an hour to put on... An hour in a steamy room would not be good for me!. So these might be easier to put on, because shieldzone gives you a bottle of "solution". They were pre- cut though, and all parts were covered. That includes the chrome sides, the camera chrome, and the bottom. How many prices are in the bse?
    Took me about 15 minutes, only about two total in the steamy bathroom, going back each time to apply each piece.

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    You really have to take a shower? Anybody worried about warranty issues?
    i second the motion! didn't someone post about the water damage indicator turning red (or white, whichever it is), because they kept the pearl in the bathroom while they showered? i ask because i want to buy these skins...

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking? How's the indicator after these skins have been applied? I'll tie these two threads together for some more reading:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...kins_ever.html

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by mm
    i second the motion! didn't someone post about the water damage indicator turning red (or white, whichever it is), because they kept the pearl in the bathroom while they showered? i ask because i want to buy these skins...
    My water indicator is fine. My understanding is that you have to drop your phone in the toilet, river, bobbing for apples barrel, ocean, lake, swimming pool, for example, for the water damage indicator to show water contact.

Here is my Pearl AFTER I applied the skins. That little square would be red if there was water damage.

Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-27-2006 at 04:59 PM.

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

alright... i'm sold. scared, but sold.

levanhieu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF4321
    did you guywait for 24 hrs before turning the phone back on after you applied the best skins ever?

I do not have a period where i can turn off my phone for 24 hrs....

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by levanhieu
    did you guywait for 24 hrs before turning the phone back on after you applied the best skins ever?

I do not have a period where i can turn off my phone for 24 hrs....
    I turned my phone off to apply the skin, then turned it back on when i was done (about 15 minutes total time).

I think BSE is being safe by suggesting 24hrs, just in case someone gets water into the device so the 24hrs lets it dry before turning it on and maybe frying something. that's the only logical reason i can think of for why they would suggest keeping it off for 24hrs.

I wiped up any excess water while squeegeeing and made sure as little water as possible got into any holes and didn't have a problem turning it on right away and using it.

levanhieu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF4321
    alright cool. Thanks for your response mrdeeno.

I really want to put on my bestskinsever,but i am still kinda scared to do it. I wish someone could do it for me. lol. Anyways, ill probably put it on sometimes this week.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I bought the Bestskinsever screen protector first for my pearl. I didn't do none of the suggestions about the shower or nothing like that. It came out good, so I decided to buy the full body protection. I didn't understand the whole baby shampoo and water and dipping the skins in them process. I put all the skins on with ease except for the back. I took it off, took my finger, dipped it into the water solution ( w/ baby shampoo) and rubbed it on the adhesive side of the skin. It allowed me to position the skin perfectly, and when it dried, no bubbles and correctly put on. I took the rest of the skins off and wiped them with the solution and came out perfect!!!!!!!!

Eagle_R no está en línea Stack level 2
    I also have BSE skins on my BB Pearl. I didn't do the steam thing and, fortunately, no particles under the skin. While waiting for my order, I temporarily used the Fellowes protector...wasn't a fan of it but had to put something temporary while waiting.

bobhammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2171D09A

I installed the best skin ever for my pearl just this afternoon...and I saw from the instruction that it tells me not to switch on my BB for another 24 hours! Apparently, I didn't follow the instruction!!
    And more, is it just or all of I guys that the screen looks a bit blur with that little line lines....lol
    Is that normal for the first few hours as the skin isn't fully attached to the screen.....

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

If you put it on right, then it won't be a problem to turn it on sooner than the 24 hrs they suggest.

I think I had mine on about 15 minutes or so after I finished installing the skin.

As for the blurs, if you put it on right it won't be so bad and you will get used to it. It won't be as clear as if you had no skin but I think the protection is worth it.

bobhammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2171D09A

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    If you put it on right, then it won't be a problem to turn it on sooner than the 24 hrs they suggest.

I think I had mine on about 15 minutes or so after I finished installing the skin.

As for the blurs, if you put it on right it won't be so bad and you will get used to it. It won't be as clear as if you had no skin but I think the protection is worth it.
    then I done everything correctly...!!! i think you are right!!

pearlpearl12 no está en línea Stack level 2

Just installed the Best Skins Ever on my pearl. Before applying it, I was concerned with how the fit and the appearance would turn out. Surprisingly, I was impressed by both of these things.

What does bother me, though, is the feeling of the film when I hold the phone to my ear. As crazy as it's going to sound, I can't stand the feeling/sound of moving the phone around against my ear - it drives me nuts, kind of like nails on a chalkboard. Has anyone else noticed this?

I think I'm going to end up taking the skin off the screen and leaving it on the rest of the phone...

The only suggestion I would add for people who are going to apply this skin is to NOT stretch the skin at all during application. In my case, while squeezing some water from under the skin on the battery cover, I must have stretched it a bit and it seems to have 'cracked' the glue so that the glue is not invisible. It stretched a little easier than I would have anticipated, so be careful with that.

Hope this helps someone...

Edit: Additional point - because our battery cover is not 100% flush with the metal sides, adding the skin to the back makes this 'ridge' more noticeable to the touch.

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

BSE probally wants you to wait 24 hrs just in case any mositure from the steam gets into the phone, if anyone has ever dropped a phone in water and taken it out it doesnt work, but wait about 24 hrs and let it completely dry then it'll turn on again, so I would suggest probaly like an hr or 2 just in case...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast