Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just installed a set of bestskinsever skin on my 8100. Stupid name for it, but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

BestSkinsEver? It really is!

Advertisement

Just installed a set of bestskinsever skin on my 8100. Stupid name for it, but not inaccurate. VERY easy application! I took a shower to steam up the bathroom, made sure the handset was super clean, used a very watered down soap solution, and installed the skin as directed on the website.

The skins set right into place and allow for some movement so you can align it. It's MUCH easier than installing the fellows screen protector, which is relative CRAP compared to the bestskinsever.

And it totally takes away the slick/slippery/smudgy feeling of the factory finish of the pearl.

Anyone who's not using a protective case/pocket regularly, I strongly recommend trying out these skins (I bought 5 sets, I'm glad I did because these are great).

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: BestSkinsEver? It really is!

Good to see someone else followed directions. Back a month ago when we were talking about these, I said I turned on the shower [like it said to do in the directions] and some Members thought I was nuts.

But like you, I did not get a speck of dust on my application. I still touch the screen once in awhile just to marvel at how well those things adhere to the display.

I'm buying a few of their generic sheets so I can apply the material to other things I have.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    Just installed a set of bestskinsever skin on my 8100. Stupid name for it, but not inaccurate. VERY easy application! I took a shower to steam up the bathroom, made sure the handset was super clean, used a very watered down soap solution, and installed the skin as directed on the website.

The skins set right into place and allow for some movement so you can align it. It's MUCH easier than installing the fellows screen protector, which is relative CRAP compared to the bestskinsever.

And it totally takes away the slick/slippery/smudgy feeling of the factory finish of the pearl.

Anyone who's not using a protective case/pocket regularly, I strongly recommend trying out these skins (I bought 5 sets, I'm glad I did because these are great).

i'm actually thinking of getting a generic sheet to line the sides/chrome sections. Right now I'm using some left-over strips of the crappy fellows screen covers. Those suck because they are rigid and don't fold around corners as well, not to mention the application sucks because they don't flex like the bestskinsever.

i'm actually thinking of getting a generic sheet to line the sides/chrome sections. Right now I'm using some left-over strips of the crappy fellows screen covers. Those suck because they are rigid and don't fold around corners as well, not to mention the application sucks because they don't flex like the bestskinsever.
    By the way, what I meant by "generic sheet" was their applicaltion for the Apple notebook. It is 13.3" and contains three huge sheets. I figure that's a lot of material to cut up into small pieces as needed.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...2-Total/Detail

Ah, gotcha. I was thinking about the 9" DIY one.

Hey SF, do the bubbles go away? I remember reading that the skin will look much better after setting for 12-24hr for all the moisture to dry. The skin looked good right after i applied it, but now its forming tiny bubbles (mostly on the back).

Ah, gotcha. I was thinking about the 9" DIY one.

Hey SF, do the bubbles go away? I remember reading that the skin will look much better after setting for 12-24hr for all the moisture to dry. The skin looked good right after i applied it, but now its forming tiny bubbles (mostly on the back).
    Hey I sent you a message on the chip. No reply

There should be no bubbles. I used a credit card to squeegee all the bubbles and air out and even then I had to press some out with my fingers.

Sorry. But you may have done it right.

Here... no bubbles:

I had no bubbles when I first put it on so i thought i was home free.

There's no bubbles on the screen part, and i put that on the same as the back part.

I'll try squeegeeing it with something, and then see how it looks tomorrow after it has had time to set.

Another thing about the fellows screen protector...when you squeegee them with a credit card or something, they scratch easily.

i squeegeed it out the best i could...i still got a couple little dimples on the back side, nothing as smooth as what you have.

Oh well, I guessi'll make sure the next time I put it on, i do a better job squeegeeing it. Hope it looks a little better tomorrow after it has set a little more.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    Good to see someone else followed directions. Back a month ago when we were talking about these, I said I turned on the shower [like it said to do in the directions] and some Members thought I was nuts.

But like you, I did not get a speck of dust on my application. I still touch the screen once in awhile just to marvel at how well those things adhere to the display.

I'm buying a few of their generic sheets so I can apply the material to other things I have.
    You really have to take a shower? Anybody worried about warranty issues?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

Hey I sent you a message on the chip. No reply

There should be no bubbles. I used a credit card to squeegee all the bubbles and air out and even then I had to press some out with my fingers.

Sorry. But you may have done it right.

Here... no bubbles:

It looks the same as the Shieldzone ones I have... Dimples and all... But they're cheaper, heh?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie

I think the purpose of a hot shower is steam up the room to keep the dust at bay while isntalling the skin so nothing gets trapped under it.

You're not supposed to take a shower with the device.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Word. I'm about as OCD as you can get with my phone and when the directions said steamy shower, I turned the shower and the sink on and it worked like a champ. I don't know how anyone gets a phone without putting a best skins ever on it. Or then again maybe people just aren't as weird as me.....

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    The steam from the shower captures the dust in the air and prevents it from getting under the skin when applying it to the BB.

All I did was turn on the shower, make the room steamy and applied the skin. Then finished the application in another room.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well, put it this way, it took me an hour to put on... An hour in a steamy room would not be good for me!. So these might be easier to put on, because shieldzone gives you a bottle of "solution". They were pre- cut though, and all parts were covered. That includes the chrome sides, the camera chrome, and the bottom. How many prices are in the bse?

dwc
    dwc no está en línea Stack level 2

Four pieces. Front top, Front bottom (starts below keys and wraps around to cover the bottom), Rear top (battery cover) and rear bottom.

You don't have to keep the room steamy for the whole hour.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast