Alright so currently I have GMail and I have been reading that theres a delay ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Listerman no está en línea Stack level 1

Best free email provider for Blackberry

Advertisement

Alright so currently I have GMail and I have been reading that theres a delay in email arriving. Before I get to deep into GMail I was wondering if there are any providers that the Blackberry can pull instantly from.

Thanks in Advance guys!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Best free email provider for Blackberry

What do you mean delay? I always get my emails instantly.

Do you have another account that you can email yourself with to test the delay?
    yahoo, hotmail, or whatever. It could just be a delay in your network?

EDIT: I just tested it and it took 5 seconds from yahoo to gmail to my BB. DANG!
    Last edited by reddog187; 05-14-2007 at 10:36 PM.

Anthcal no está en línea Stack level 1

I get 0 delay on my gmail, sometimes i get it faster than my blackberry email.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I use my .tmo.blackberry.net for stuff i want instantly

ok sorry gang, i dont have a delay because i dont have my BB yet. cingular is slow at shipping. but i was googling gmail and pearl compatibility and some people said they were experiencing delays of 10+ mins.

if its instant then i am fine with that. i love having my email.

fbriceno97 Guest

gmail is the way to go...

ok so how does it work if i have my gmail setup through Outlook on my PC and my blackberry. If i delete one does it delete them both?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Listerman
    ok so how does it work if i have my gmail setup through Outlook on my PC and my blackberry. If i delete one does it delete them both?
    Wish I could help, but I don't use outlook for email. I just use outlook for the calander and contact sync.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Not exactly. You can set up email reconciliation on the phone and make it so the phone always wins in a conflict of info. But there is no true two way email reconcilitaion. if you delete from the BB you can have it delete from the Gmail,AOL,MSN etc. automatically, but nto the other way around since the server actually copies the email from the gmail server and pushes the copy to the phone. This is again assuming you are not using the BES.

ok im not on BES. i may just close my outlook whenever im finished that way when i open it only pulls emails i left on the server from my BB

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Gmail is the best way to go, in fact my Pearl gets my gmail faster than it registers on my Gmail site. If you remember at first with your gmail when you sent a mail you would get a copy of the sent mail on the BB instantly. That's really as long as it takes. Now if any of the system were down of course there would be a delay, but that would happen with any other mail provider too.

Probably the real question is whether or not your mobile provider has delays as they are the middle man, no matter what mail service you use. I have T-mo and it's instant.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

ok im not on BES. i may just close my outlook whenever im finished that way when i open it only pulls emails i left on the server from my BB
    You are essentially using two services that are both making their own copies of every message (depending on your setup). I just stopped using Outlook because my blackberry can manage my mail easier than my Outlook could. Also, I have a series of filters I've setup through T-mo so I only get the mail I would actually want on my BB. Mostly excluding various html formatted email.

With the blackberry I have the control options to leave or keep the original copy on the gmail server on a per email basis. I can then use the gmail web interface to manage all of the other mail that is less important to me as soon as I'm home or feel like going through it.

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Gmail and any ISP provided IMAP account. My Yahoo! account gets WAY too much spam. I would never push that to my BB. I've got my blackberry account, gmail, and ISP IMAP account.