What are the best bluetooth headsets that people have used with the pearl?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

just2swim no está en línea Stack level 1

Best BT for the Pearl??

Advertisement

What are the best bluetooth headsets that people have used with the pearl?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Best BT for the Pearl??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Motorola H500.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Definitely has to be the Jawbone. At first, I was weary of the appearance, but I quickly got over that. Once I realized just how well this thing works, I immediately fell head over heels for it. I often find myself in noisy environments. The jawbone totally eliminates any and all background noise. The demo video on their website is no joke, it actually works as advertised. Pairing was a cinch, and I've never experienced any problems with losing the connection. It's totally comfortable, once you figure out the earbud/ear loop combo that suits you best.

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Ok so I have the jawbone and I am totally frustrated with it. I cannot keep this thing in my ear at all. The loop is no help and actually makes things worse. I have to just wedge it in my ear and hope it stays in my ear which it only does for a minute or two.

Also I think the people I talk to sound like they are in a tin can. They sound really small and tinny. So between the fact that it does not stay in my ear and my callers sound quiet and tinny Im pretty frustrated. This headset is supposed to be the bees knees. Am I doing something wrong? Oh and yes the noise canceling is on so thats not the issue.

~Amie~

Quote Originally Posted by russcrypto
    Definitely has to be the Jawbone. At first, I was weary of the appearance, but I quickly got over that. Once I realized just how well this thing works, I immediately fell head over heels for it. I often find myself in noisy environments. The jawbone totally eliminates any and all background noise. The demo video on their website is no joke, it actually works as advertised. Pairing was a cinch, and I've never experienced any problems with losing the connection. It's totally comfortable, once you figure out the earbud/ear loop combo that suits you best.

alexthomason no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E3505B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~H700

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

It did take some time to finally settle on the right bud/loop combo. I actually ended up having to bend the loop to better fit my ear.
    As for the sound quality, I have heard others complain that the volume wasn't loud enough for them with the elongated earbuds. You could always make the hole a bit bigger with a scalpel or exacto knife. Some people have even put Jabra eargels on there. The "tinny" sound is just the noise cancellation working. Personally, I'd much rather deal with that than not be able to hear the other person at all.

FlightMedic1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F25AA2

I have used many different types of bluetooths, the one I found to work the best for me is the Plantronics Voyager 510 with windsmart technology! Works like a dream, and everybody I talk to says "Are you actually on the phone and not a your bluetooth cause I can hear you plain as a day!" The only complaint I have is I wish they would make the battery part a tad smaller, but then I guess I'd lose the 6 hours of talk time too! By far I'd recomend this one, I have not had a chance to use the jaw bone and I've heard mixed reviews as you will with all of them I guess but I'm in no hurry to change bluetooths as of yet!

jlambeth1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Love my Blueant Micro.

ethanduffell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Hi guy I have the Samnsung WEP200 for my pearl, its small and damn sexy. Works like a dream too.
    Regards

Ethan

PIN 251C4F4A
    ------------------------------------------
    I will do what I always do - Stand and fight
    ------------------------------------------

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

The Nokia BH 200 is probably one of the better ones, in my opinion.

love_this no está en línea Stack level 2

I also like my Plantronics 510 Voyager. Search PC Mag online for BT headset reviews. My wife has the Jabra JX10 which she likes.

If I had to do it over I might chose the Jabra BT500. I think the earbud is quire comfy.

Linus no está en línea Stack level 2

I have been using the Samsung WEP200, love it for its small size(so small that it doesn't even bother my boss when I have it on my ear during work. P.S. My boss is really painful to deal with.), great reception (people from the other end of the conversation cannot tell that I am using a headset, unless I am 20feet away from my Pearl), price (I bought it for $34 at amazon with free shipping). I am not a neavy phone user, I need to recharge every 3-4 days.