Hi, I currently have a BES and all incoming email redirected to my phone. However ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3

BES email folder

Advertisement

Hi, I currently have a BES and all incoming email redirected to my phone. However my problem is that all email and sms messages appear in the same folder, the default mail icon on the blackberry desktop. A friend of mine has his blackberry using the internet email service, and as a result he has an extra mail icon that holds just his internet email, plus the regular mail icon which holds his SMS messages. My question is how can I get a seperate icon for just my BES forwarded email so that they dont just all dump into the same folder with every other message on my blackberry?

In fact he actually has 3 unique email icons, one for each email account he has.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    Unfortunately, when on the BES, your emails are only gonna show up in the general message folder. The reason BIS (POP3 and IMAP like gmail, aol, msn, etc.) emails show up in separate folders is because those accounts are set up by the end user from their carrier's website in association with Blackberry, whereas your BES account is usually only set up by your Blackberry admins or IT people. And they often add IT policies as well.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Some themes allow you to separate your email and SMS. You can check to see if your theme will allow you to separate them by going into your Messages > Options > General Options. Scroll down through the options, and if it's there, you will see "SMS and Email Inboxes:" At that point you would be able to choose Theme Controlled, Combined, or Separate. If you don't have that option, try changing your theme, or download one.

And yes, any email added on BIS will creat a separate icon for that email account, but all will still go into the main Messages box.

Hope that helps.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Apparently I needed to update my OS to add this functionality. Now the feature is there and works like a charm.
    Last edited by javijavi; 04-10-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Scrumper no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is there a way to make it so that the IMAP'd mail only goes into the IMAP EMAIL icon folder? IT show up in both the default BES folder AND the IMAP EMAIL icon folder. When I delete it in one of them, it removes it from the other.

So, its like the DEFAULT folder holds ALL email. I want to just have the BES email in the DEFAULT and the IMAP mail in their each EMAIL folders.

Can that be done? I've been trying with filters, but all EMAIL FILTERS seem to apply to all IMAP and DESKTOP DEFAULT email folders/accounts.

Thanks.