I just downloaded a new operating system. 4.2.1.109 Everything seems to be working ok now ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

BerryPix Question

Advertisement

I just downloaded a new operating system. 4.2.1.109
    Everything seems to be working ok now with the exception of my Berrypix app, which I bought. When I did the picture import on the phone, it opens up the thumbnails but it just constantly says please wait.. Has anyone ever had this problem.??

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: BerryPix Question

It's possible that it hasn't been updated to run with the features of 4.2. Don't know anything about berrypix, but you should contact the Developer.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: BerryPix Question

Yup...don't know much about BerryPix, contacting the developer (as Rcbjr suggested) would be your best option!!

not ALL apps run on different OS's

colabnet no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Re: BerryPix Question

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC View Post
    I just downloaded a new operating system. 4.2.1.109
    Everything seems to be working ok now with the exception of my Berrypix app, which I bought. When I did the picture import on the phone, it opens up the thumbnails but it just constantly says please wait.. Has anyone ever had this problem.??
    Hi Jeffrey,

We are the makers of Berry Pix and noticed your post today. Are you still having difficulties with Berry Pix on your new OS?

Here are a few tips that may help

1) You should make sure that your Berry Pix version is up to date (v2.1.18 for BlackBerry OS v4.2 and later). You can check this in Berry Pix->About. If your version is not up to date, use your BlackBerry's built-in web browser to navigate to http://www.colabnet.com/berrypix/ and follow the instructions

2) Make sure that when you perform the import pictures feature that your USB cable is disconnected. This is because when your USB cable is connected, your device may enter Storage Mode. If this happens your SD card will be unavailable to Berry Pix and any other third party applications at this time.

3) You should use Roxio Media Manager and let it optimize the pictures for your handheld instead of just copying them via Windows Explorer etc. Otherwise, your handheld may have to deal with photos that are potentially many MB in size. The BlackBerry cannot easily handle pictures that are much more than 1MB in size. If your device has many pictures that are >1MB then the import can take a *really* long time since the BlackBerry has to work hard to decode the large pictures

4) If all of these suggestions fail, visit http://www.colabnet.com/home/support/ and let our developer's have a crack at it.

Regards,
    Berry Pix Support
    Collaborative Network Technologies Inc.
    http://www.colabnet.com
    55 Bond Street, Suite 103,
    St. John's, NL
    A1C 1S9