So this Blackberry Pearl thing is really humbling me! I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mxinxs no está en línea Stack level 1

Beginner help!

Advertisement

So this Blackberry Pearl thing is really humbling me! I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable with computers, so I bought it a couple days ago with the intention of mastering most of its functions in a day or two and really enjoying it as I prepare to head back to college in August. Obviously, that hasn't quite worked out for me! lol Yesterday my browser disappeared, but I reinstalled the desktop manager and OS for my phone as I found in another series of posts and got that back after a lot of searching of this forum.

Still stuck with a couple questions though:

1. What the heck is the difference between BES and BIS? Where can I find out what I'm on? I tried briefly to search for this, but frankly, I'm tired of searching for stuff that doesn't give me a good answer.

2. Iniitally I had my Gmail account added to my blackberry, but a post last night said that doing a clean wipe of the BB would fix the missing browser. While I fixed the missing browser later, I was just now attempting to assign my Gmail account to my BB again, and it asked me for a Device PIN and Device IMEI. What and where? lol

Thanks a bunch guys, it seems I might develop a reliance on this forum in the near future ...

Re: Beginner help!

Well, a bit of a change in question number two already. It appears I still have it registered to my BB, my Gmail account that is, but the E-mail icon that used to be on the main screen is no longer present. Even what I try to 'show all' icons.

Lost ...

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

ok here's the short answer.

1. BES is a server that will run multiple BBs and direct the messages, calendar, and such to the respective BBs within.
    BIS is a personal plan, set up by your provider to allow email, and such
    2. log into your carriers account, online with your pc and you can resend the service books.

let us know if we can assist you further!!!!!
    Last edited by kayos72; 06-07-2007 at 10:03 PM.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

So I'm logged on my AT & T site from my laptop here, but I'm hardcore unsure about where to resend my service books here. Did that last night with my BB, but not here.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i'm on tmo, on mine it's under setup internet email.
    should be close or the same for you.
    does att have a search section on their site? if so type in service books and see?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

The only thing I can find on the site is instructions on how to do that from my BB.

= /

thecarnivale no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F811A7

go to www.cingular.com/blackberrystart

click first of two hyperlinks and off you go

wmmorgan no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks i was wanting to know the diff too