that's all i can figger out. i just did a dm install of bbtetris and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

bbtetris hoses dm?

Advertisement

that's all i can figger out. i just did a dm install of bbtetris and now my dm gets the 'we're sorry, we have to close this application' error. i tried a repair and un/reinstall with no luck. now i have to reformat my hd, or maybe wipe my bb. anyone else experience this? i'm on tmo 4.2.1.17b.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: bbtetris hoses dm?

Why would you need to reformat? Why not just reinstall DM? My DM does crashes every so often. I just reopen it and it works just fine. Some games just aren't compatible with BB.

Hope this helps

like i said, i already uninstalled/reinstalled dm. that's why.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

so will it open at all?

yeah, it opens. hell it even syncs. usually, it craps out when i connect my bb. sometimes, it craps out when i disconnect my bb. (mostly, what i do is: i'll connect my bb, i get the error dialog, i move the error dialog out of the way to the bottom of the screen and just keep working with no problem). but, as soon as i click 'send error report' or 'don't send error report', the dm closes.

the more i think about it, the more i'm leaning towards bbtetris corrupting my bb as opposed to corrupting the dm. regardless, i'm not dead, it's only a flesh wound.

so, i'm wiping my bb to see if i can figger this out. but, i just found something: an error log in c:\program files\research in motion\blackberry called 'desktop_errorlog.txt.' anyone know how to interpret this?

okay, so i wiped my bb using jl_cmdr and then upgraded to dm 4.2.2. no more dm errors. i don't normally like to speak ill of free software, but i feel like i gotta warn everyone: bbtetris hosed my pearl, so be careful.

(please forgive the triple-posting. i just wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to see this).