Hello. I am new here and I want to thank everyone for lots of great ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kokogirl no está en línea Stack level 2

BBSmart or Empower HTML viewer or other

Advertisement

Hello. I am new here and I want to thank everyone for lots of great info. I found these programs that seem like they will let me view my email like real email on the Pearl. I found BBSmart for about $25 and Empower HTML viewer for about $10. Is one better than the other? Will this really work? thanks!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: BBSmart or Empower HTML viewer or other

I don't know which one is better but I purchased the BBSmart HTML Viewer and I have been using it for two weeks now. I truly would not be able to go back to reading emails on BB the old way. Seeing the emails as they are intended sure makes it SO much better when reading them while mobile. I would recommend either of these if it gives you the same functionality as BBSmart and being able to read your emails and click on URL's within the emails.

It's a great product.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

OOPS. I just found another thread like the one I started. I am not so good at seaching (esp when I am at work...) thanks again

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't think the application is worth 25 so I purchased the empower version. Work just fine. They both work they same. One has more options but I don't think its worth the extra 10 bucks though. I would stick to empower simple and it works.

grmiller no está en línea Stack level 2

I truely think that the Empower HTML Viewer works a lot better. I like it a lot more and a lot more comp. for people that don't live in the USA. Okay.

Idecided to download the trial on each one. I am playing with them now so I can decide. Thanks again for the help. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eZainny no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi kokogirl,

I would recommend trying both - we both offer trial versions

If you want to learn a bit more about the features BBSmart Email Viewer offers, have a read of this review which was recently posted on BerryReview (we won the Editor's Choice Award and received a score of 9.5/10). You'll see that BBSmart offers quite a bit more than just email display.

http://www.berryreview.com/2007/09/1...er-version-23/

We are also currently running a 20% discount. See the above review for details.

Cheers,
    eZainny.
    View HTML email today with the Best Selling BlackBerry application: BBSmart Email Viewer

A product of BBSmart
    www.blackberrysmart.com

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Empower works great, why pay more? Seriously! Prolly has more features too, since Ani added a few options.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

I ended up buying the empower. The BBSmart was not happy about some kind of connection and it seemed complex. I am a newer BB user so I went with the easier one. As I use my BB more and learn all of the tricks I may end up getting BBSmart later because I would like those extra features. I appreciate all of the imput. Thanks again! via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok. Now I am having buyers remorse on the empower and I am going to buy the BBsmart. Now I am ending up spending more money, but oh well. Thanks for the link eZainny! thank you all again!

desjones571 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2456447E

I have used both extensively. BB Smart does a lot more. Empower is great as well and a little bit more faster. But BB Smart allows you to add notes to your emails. It allows you to turn it into calendar reminders tasks. It even has email templates. Its worth the extra.

I am now loving the BBsmart. I just had to pay for both to figure it out. I made a signature for my work and personal emails and I color coded the headers for all my email addresses. Very fun and easy! It still says trial version even though I paid. I got an activation code but can't figure out where or how to use that. Any help with that would be great.

eZainny no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by kokogirl
    I am now loving the BBsmart. I just had to pay for both to figure it out. I made a signature for my work and personal emails and I color coded the headers for all my email addresses. Very fun and easy! It still says trial version even though I paid. I got an activation code but can't figure out where or how to use that. Any help with that would be great.
    Hi kokogirl,

When you are viewing an email with BBSmart Email Viewer, just bring up the menu and select "Activate" (it is near the bottom of the menu list). On the screen that appears scroll down and enter in your activation code in the "Key" field and then press the Activate button and you should be good to go

Oh and if there are any features you would like to see also, please just let me know We try to listen to the community as much as possible and use this to steer into the future....

Cheers,
    eZainny.
    View HTML email today with the Best Selling BlackBerry application: BBSmart Email Viewer

A product of BBSmart
    www.blackberrysmart.com

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i personally use empower, have since the beginning ani is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by eZainny
    Hi kokogirl,

When you are viewing an email with BBSmart Email Viewer, just bring up the menu and select "Activate" (it is near the bottom of the menu list). On the screen that appears scroll down and enter in your activation code in the "Key" field and then press the Activate button and you should be good to go

Oh and if there are any features you would like to see also, please just let me know We try to listen to the community as much as possible and use this to steer into the future....

Cheers,
    eZainny.
    Thanks. Now I see the activate button. I think I pushed the menu key on the wrong screen or did not scroll down enough before. The more I read and ask on this site the more I love my BB!