Why does my BB Pearl screen dim while I'm using it and how can I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

raammartin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EDDCE0

BBP dim

Advertisement

Why does my BB Pearl screen dim while I'm using it and how can I fix that? It's kinda annoying.

I have no idea how to use this phone.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: BBP dim

Lol. It has this (what they think) "feature". You can't turn it off. You can however make it stay lit longer. Here is how you do it

1) from the homescreen go to options
    2) go to screen/keyboard
    3) scroll down to there it says Backlight Timeout and click the track ball once you are over the number and change it from whatever it is to 2 min.

I don't know if you have already done that, just incase you haven't.
    If you have anymore questions feel free to post.

GP

racker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

it could be also be the auto backlight which selects how bright it thinks your screen should be. is your screen turning off or going dim then brightening up at random times?

if its dimming just turn off the auto backlight option to off in the screen/keyboard options.

PIN/ID
    23EDDCE0

Quote Originally Posted by racker
    it could be also be the auto backlight which selects how bright it thinks your screen should be. is your screen turning off or going dim then brightening up at random times?

if its dimming just turn off the auto backlight option to off in the screen/keyboard options.
    It is just dimming at random times. I don't see an option to turn that feature off under options/screenkeyboard. Am I looking in the right spot?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by raammartin
    It is just dimming at random times. I don't see an option to turn that feature off under options/screenkeyboard. Am I looking in the right spot?

Thanks!
    Yes it is the 6th line down (not counting the 2 lines of font smoothing). Or you could say in the second box it says Backlight Timeout.

GP

PIN/ID
    23EDDCE0

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    Yes it is the 6th line down (not counting the 2 lines of font smoothing). Or you could say in the second box it says Backlight Timeout.

GP
    No off option, just different times. I'll pick 2 mins.

Thanks!

Yeah you got it. There is no off, just 2 mins. At least it is better than before.......

GP

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Actually raammartin is talking about "Dimming Future" not backlight, I guess. Now this cannot be turned off IF u're using the latest OS version. The only way to turn it always on or always off is to down grade your OS.

Hope we're talking about the same thing here.

PIN/ID
    23EDDCE0

Quote Originally Posted by peterbabiy
    Actually raammartin is talking about "Dimming Future" not backlight, I guess. Now this cannot be turned off IF u're using the latest OS version. The only way to turn it always on or always off is to down grade your OS.

Hope we're talking about the same thing here.
    Yes, I am talking about the dimming feature. I'm not sure if I have the latest OS, I just got the phone yesterday. ? What is the purpose of the dimming anyway?

Maybe to conserve battery maybe because they figure you are not useing it and know they put a crapy battery in the phone lol. That is at least what I am thinking..........

GP