Is it hidden?
Did you re-send your service books? re-register with your network?
What do you mean by it's in the application list? I thought it was gone?
I recently upgraded to the newest AT&T operating system .96 I think...
I don't seem to have the bbmaps icon anymore. I checked the application list and it is there.
TelNav also seems to bomb. I start it, it pulls the first map and when I try to move or zoom it hangs. I have to do a battery pull to end the app.
Thanks in advance.
Check near the bottom of this thread:
Seems AT&T is not allowing their users to have BBMaps. There are ways around it apparently, but the principal behind this is somewhat unclear.
If you go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications and pull up the list it is there.
Mine says version 1.1.35 and has 3 modules.
Okay. I figured out how to get it back if you're on a Cingular / AT&T Phone
1. Go to your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-<version> folder on your PC. Make a backup copy of the LBS.alx file. (I used LBS.alx_bak)
2. Open LBS.alx with a text editor.
3. Search for the string "net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod". Above this file is a lines that read
4. Update the line that has the vendorID string to remove the "102". It should look like this when done:Code:<!-- For 8800 series, hide the icon for Cingular (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175). --> <!-- For non-8800 series, show the icon for all carriers except Cingular (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175). --> <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~102|124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217|175" series="~8800">
5. Save the file.Code:<fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217|175" series="~8800">
6. Connect your Pearl and open up the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
7. Double click on Application Loader and don't change any settings.
8. It will go through and claim to be installing BB Maps. When complete, the icon will be back.
NOTE: This works only if the application is on the device but there is on icon. Please don't do this if you don't feel comfortable as I don't want anyone blaming me for messing things up.
Thank you so much "mjwood0" ... did what you posted and now works like a charm.
Glad to hear it!
Just trying to help.
Why do companies like to criple such great devicesÉ
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I tried what you suggested and it did work but now I'm having problems with telenav! I use them both so this is very irritating! Why the heck do the phone companies have to mess with stuff?! I know, it's all about the money...(trying to force use of paid subscription)
Sorry to hear of your problems.
I don't use TeleNav so I'm not really sure how to help you there. But I totally agree. AT&T has no good reason to disable BB Maps. Can't they just accept that users should have the choice?
Hope you get your TeleNav problems resolved and sorry I can't be of more help.
mjwood0 - I really appreciate the info you gave us - worked like a charm. When it comes down to it, I'd rather have BBMaps working than Telenav, simply because AT&T is trying to MAKE me use telenav!
I simply just went to blackberry.com and redownloaded BB maps. I had 11.35 and had to downgrade to 11.32 but it worked perfect now. And didn't have to edit any files or hookup to comp. Either way ne fix is great right. : )
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
That works. But the next time you add an app via the computer it rull remove the icon.
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
Thanks mj, worked like a charm (how does a charm work?).
Same issue on the 8700 with 4.2 OS. I am so looking forward to March of next year when I can move back to T-Mobile. I didn't even notice it was missing until just now when I was going to put in an address and get directions from my house to a play I am going to. Be sure to check your Blackberry.alx files if you unlocked the other themes.