Ok I finally downloaded the bbmaps now that vzw UNlocked GPS on it and when ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shady7twenty4 no está en línea Stack level 2

bbmaps GPS

Advertisement

Ok I finally downloaded the bbmaps now that vzw UNlocked GPS on it and when I try to get my location all I get it searching for satalits nothing else. My GPS is on in advanced options and I'm standing outside. Any help?

rrife no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by shady7twenty4 View Post
    Ok I finally downloaded the bbmaps now that vzw UNlocked GPS on it and when I try to get my location all I get it searching for satalits nothing else. My GPS is on in advanced options and I'm standing outside. Any help?
    Are you running OS 4.5? I think it only works on the latest OS.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ 4.5.077

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ options advanced options GPS. Device GPS and location on. That's it right?

iaxbbcp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    it can take a while for the 8130 to get a lock... something that helps aquire a lock a little faster is a little ritual i do everytime I launch BB maps.
    click on start GPS navigation, then open options, while in the options screen, press the menu button, select clear cache.
    after i do that i normally get a lock in about 5 minutes, if i don't do that it can take 15 minutes or longer... very frustrating, but clearing the cache somehow refreshes the gps
    iaxbbcp
    Tour 9630
    US Cellular

fjl307 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm running 4.5 and still can't get anything to work. I think I'm going to try and pull the battery and clear the cache and maybe leave it in my vehicle for a half hour or so.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ o wow I waited about 5 mins but 15 is just not practical. Id rather use google maps