Did all the usual stuff on the new 8120 .. But seems that bbm is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

bbm memory dumping?

Advertisement

Did all the usual stuff on the new 8120 .. But seems that bbm is either dumping for memory or the convo is resetting. I have never seen the bb dump bbm convo tho. Has anyone seen this with a long bbm convo? Where if u scroll back up to the top the beginning of the convo is gone?

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    No, I have never seen that either... strange. I have had some pretty long conversations too, but have never experienced that.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i have the same problem on the 8120 i talk to my gf constantly on it and i dont clear the convo but if we talk all day the convo from the morning will be gone when i scroll all the way back up. ill also go from 22 mb free to 14 everday. and i delete almost everything. i find myself doing a battery pull every night. im running 4.3.0.105 plat 2.6.0.60
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

BlackBerry Excellence !

I'm just completing the first 24 hours on mine.

I have pushed it hard, used it continuously, save for 4 hrs sleep last night due to my excitement, as quite frankly I'm very pleased with the greatly improved keyboard which I can now use (compared to the original) and enjoy. It's great to be using SureType again, and it seems to be a bit faster, and better at offering up the words I'm looking for. So I've been doing a lot messaging of all types.

I am so glad that I can pronounce this one a keeper, especially since that's another reason I've been using it like mad, is that I wanted to reach a conclusion about keeping it or returning it, as soon as possible.

I have always liked the Pearl for it's size, style and light weight, the only issue (now past) was the wobbly keyboard, and difficulty of using it (for me). Now that this model works well for me, I have the luxury of just one more choice of which BB to use. My overall BlackBerry experience has been quite remarkable, as I feel as enthused and excited over these phones today, as I did when I got my first BB two years ago. A striking testament for someone who gets bored very quickly, and is usually ready to move on.

24 hours later, not a problem experienced, loaded to the max with apps, pictures, music, files, etc..... and This Baby is Rocking! BlackBerry by RIM... Simply Brilliant!
    Last edited by archer6; 04-19-2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: minor revision

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    pfffft now I have to sell my red 8100 for this one
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    pfffft now I have to sell my red 8100 for this one
    -------
    You just brought up something I failed to mention in my review, & any of my entries here. In my excitement (worse than a kid @ xmas) I did not mention the color. Its a very nice shade of dark blue.

A color (blue) that frankly I dislike. For clarification I don't like any shade of blue, so it's not the particular shade on this phone, rather blue in general.

However I decided to get way outside of my color comfort zone due to all the features of this phone.

At the end of the day, I do wish it was offered in Red! My favorite color. At least this color is very attractive for what it is. And if you like blue then you will really love the looks of this model.

via: BlackBerry 8120

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

@ nicky: have you hooked it up and ran the updates from your carrier? I don't know what else to do I'm not seeing the memory issue, but I don't have the bb on me its my husbands. And he deletes email as they come in. Sms seems to be fine with zero dumping on that one.

I am the only one on his list and he never clears the convo ... Just thought it weird bc even with the memory dumps I have never seen it touch bbm.