I noticed this weird problem with my BBM this morning, a conversation i had open ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask

BBM acting weird

Advertisement

I noticed this weird problem with my BBM this morning, a conversation i had open closed on it's own then when the person msged me the whole thing was there but i couldn't see the new msg they had posted. the "new BBM" icon wouldn't go away on the home screen. is anyone else having this problem? I hadn't come across it until today. It went away on it's own the first time then just did it again, did a batt. pull and that seemed to fix it. But why is it doing that?

Also, how come everytime after a battery pull, all my contacts have "<Content Protection Enabled>" as their status? and it won't go away until they change it. It was like that on mine too..

hope that makes sense

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: BBM acting weird

what are you doing to your BB? :P

For the Content protection, just go under Options>Security>General>Disable the Content Protection, Content Compression, and I set include the address book to No also.

That made it go away on mine. As for your other issue I'm not sure. BBM is a little flakey sometimes. Has some weird quirks to it. If it happens again then maybe it might be an issue but most days it's just dumb.

PIN/ID
    ask

i'm not doing anything to it! i've been super nice and this is how it treats me, hmphf :P

does it matter if i disable it? i thought it was a good thing that it was enabled..

thanks red

PIN/ID
    STACK

not really...since we're not high profile execs with super important info as long as you have a password on your BB your info should be fine.

PIN/ID
    ask

...you mean we're not?

PIN/ID
    STACK

oops..i forgot I wasn't suppose to tell you...

errr...um.....I mean...we are SUPER important VIPs!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

You could always try to uninstall BBM and reinstall it if it happens again.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Dcfrog no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: BBM acting weird (in Germany)

I have been having Problems with my BBM as well after moving here to Germany a few months ago.
    I have a AT&T 8300 and it worked fine for the first few weeks but then the problems started of it not sending the messages if it did it give me an R after it was read. I just got a contract here in Germany with E-plus / Base ( they call themselfs both,i dont know if they are going thru a name change or what)
    and I'm having the same problem on my new 8120. also all of my BBM contacts are in the US dose that make a difference or not