Anyone else having an issue installing the new bbm? Does it have to be done ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

therobb103 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3193BEEF

bbm 5.0

Advertisement

Anyone else having an issue installing the new bbm? Does it have to be done thru the DM as opposed to ota?
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    It can be done either way provided the links are still good. Check here to see: BBM 5.6 links

UPDATE: It looks like they're all OTA - my mistake. I think all the downloads for DM have been pulled. If they're out there I don't have a link to them. OTA is an easier way to install though.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    You need to upgrade your phones OS
    You are currently running 4.5.0.77 you need to be running 4.5.0.131 at least.

I was able to load mine through DM, and OTA
    Do you have the DM files?
    If so, you need to add the COD files to your phone's OS JAVA folder, and the alx file of the root directory to your phones OS
    Then open DM and load the .alx file and it should go through no problem...
    As long as you have the correct files for your OS that is...

If you are dong it OTA just click the link and it should work for ya...
    Let us know how it goes ok!
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14320/504; U; en) Presto/2.2.0
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 08-01-2009 at 01:58 PM.

therobb103 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3193BEEF
    There is no upgrade for my os is there? Running a Verizon system.
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Sure there is, if you look in my signature there is a link to current OS's sorted by carriers. Search through there (sorry I dunno which tell you to look at) for your phone model 8130 and look for at least 4.5.0.131 and you'll be able to upgrade.

Have you ever upgraded your BB's OS to a different carriers OS?
    If not just remember to delete (after you've installed the OS file of course...) the vendor.xml file from your apploader folder
    C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Then just plug your BB in and BE PATIENT!!
    Ask for help if you have questions ok!
    I think that's the path you need to follow
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14320/504; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I used Telus 4.5.0.160 OS on my 8330, once that was installed I was able to install BBM 5.0 effortlessly... the link to the OS can be found here

Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    I used Telus 4.5.0.160 OS on my 8330, once that was installed I was able to install BBM 5.0 effortlessly... the link to the OS can be found here
    I used that Os as well, didn't work out so good for me... oh well
    he can't use that one because he's on the 8130 does telus offer one for the 8130?

p.s. just looked into it, the highest Os that they offer for the 8130 is 4.5.0.77
    I'll see if I can get you a link to an 8130 4.5.0.131 man!
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do
    here you are, turns out sprint offers an 8130 4.5.0.131 OS.
    just remember after you install it you need to delete that vendopr.xml file. after that just plug your phone in and open DM and it will upgrade for you.
    if you decide to upgrade your BBM via DM, before you start your OS upgrade put the BBM files where they need to be (Cod's in your OS's java folder and the alx file in th OS root folder) and DM will upgrade your OS and BBM at the same time.
    before you do this however, I'd recommend making a hard copy of your contact's PIN's just in case
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 08-01-2009 at 04:22 PM.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

sweetkalena no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PLZask
    *feelin stupid* how does one see ur signature?
    BlackBerry8110/4.5.0.158 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Can check last blog post I did to,has the info stuff u need
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126

my signature is at the bottom of my post, right above yours sweetkalena
    "list of OS's by provider" is the link you want to search for your OS and "how to upgrade your OS" is a link to some good instructions if you need

by the way, don't feel stupid...
    your GOOD!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

sweetkalena no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PLZask
    ur most helpful lucifer I shall take a peek jus no shoot me lol. Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    It can be done either way provided the links are still good. Check here to see: BBM 5.6 links

UPDATE: It looks like they're all OTA - my mistake. I think all the downloads for DM have been pulled. If they're out there I don't have a link to them. OTA is an easier way to install though.
    I actually keep a copy of them on my phone haha
    never know when you might need to E-mail them to someone!
    also, just in case anyone needs them, here are the files for OS 4.6.1 as well

Quote Originally Posted by sweetkalena View Post
    ur most helpful lucifer I shall take a peek jus no shoot me lol. Thanx
    no problem at all, that's what we're here for!
    Attached Files Attached Files

adils no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post

Just downloaded, though it seems a bit flash then previous one but let's see how it works!! Thanks for the link
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125

adils no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ops I meant flashy, not flash
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125

jeanne4kats no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D4E203
    I just downloaded the 5.0 version of BBM on my 8330 Curve and it seems to be working just fine so far. I really would like to upgrade the 5.0 OS but have been reading that messenger has either not been working at all or some were having problems running it on the 5.0 OS so not sure I want to take the chance of uprgrading right now so I guess I will wait on the official OS when it comes out, but I think I like this new messenger!