Was wondering if anyone else was having problems with BBLight not working the way it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Question BBLIght and new VZW OS

Advertisement

Was wondering if anyone else was having problems with BBLight not working the way it is supposed to with the new VZW OS upgrades. I have it set to be on when on external power but it turns off. I have deleted it and reinstalled without any luck. I upgraded the other night and it started after that. Any ideas?
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

Re: BBLIght and new VZW OS

Anyone? I really like this app when using Googlemaps while driving. Now it won't work. I can't be the only one....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rich2468 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Doesn't seem to work for me, either, post upgrade.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

hmmm never used BBlight ... but I like the fact that i don't have to log in to my Gmail account every freakin time i reboot.

( i had to research what BBlight was) but let me get this str8 ... you used to be able to use this app .. to modify your BB backlight so that it would stay lit if it was plugged in .. hence the ability to use google maps as a mini and mute tom tom? hmmm .. how genius. of course once the bigwigs caught wind of it, they had to cripple. Have you tried contacting VZW? or RIM directly?

No, I haven't. I have a feeling that is what I am going to have to do. I don't understand why RIM wouldn't have that as an option for their factory settings.
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by firegeek View Post
    No, I haven't. I have a feeling that is what I am going to have to do. I don't understand why RIM wouldn't have that as an option for their factory settings.
    They do for their own product!! When using blackberry maps you have the option to leave the backlight on while navigating. So I don't think contacting rim will do anything.

I don't think vzw will help either......they won't care about your issues with a 3rd party app not provided by them.

Your best bet would to try to contact the bblight people and find out if an updated version was in the works that would work with the newest OS.

IMO contacting rim or vzw would be pure frustration with no resolution.

kellycarter no está en línea Stack level 1

BBLight works for me with VZW OS 4.3.0.97

It was working before, with OS v.60, and now with OS v.97. I also use the "on with external power." Now, quite often I see the back light go off when BBLight should be keeping it on. I secure the connection of the power or charger cable, and that always does the trick. Sometimes I have to try several times to make sure the cable is making good contact, but I always get it back working. So, I see no evidence with my phone that BBLight has a problem under VZW OS v.97 on an 8130. Kelly Carter

P.S.--Not sure if this is related or not, but I've had a wierd situation when my 8130 got too warm, it quit charging even though the cable was connected. I had my 8130 rubber-banded around something that was itself quite warm, plus it had bright sunlight shining on it. That's why it got too warm. I'm not positive, but I suspect if your 8130 or its battery gets too warm, it quits charging, possibly as a protection against a battery fire.