Yesterday I had to remove my battery 8 times due to Messenger failure. It was ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rgw2112 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BBerry Messenger Failure - Memory related?

Advertisement

Yesterday I had to remove my battery 8 times due to Messenger failure. It was suggested I have memory problems. My file total is 50462720 Bytes. My file free total is 12679016 Bytes. I have 25% of my memory free it would seem. I keep my browser cache clean including recent sites visited and cookies. I keep few messages in my in-box. My pictures are on a separate memory card.

My system version is v4.3.0.97. I bought my first Pearl last December and it didn't have this problem but it had others so Verizon replaced it with a refurb. The refurb had the Messenger failures so they sent me a second refurb and it had the same Messenger failures. So they sent me a new Pearl and it is the one I am dealing with now.

Is it Verizon? Is it the Pearl? Is it Messenger? Is it me?

fuentes01a no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3188C681
    Maybe you should ask for a new one.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

AdamC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Eep it definitely sounds like a memory leak. I'm confused, you say that your original Pearl *didn't* have the issue but you had it replaced anyways?

That's not the newest OS you could have, and I'm not even talking about 4.5, you could upgrade to 4.3.0.127. It is my impression that the memory leak is the greatest issue with Blackberrys, and with each upgrade that is the single issue they will try to patch the most. Try an upgrade, get rid of any unnecessary stock photos, themes, vids that you can, and see if it helps. If not, maybe time to call Verizon and complain again? Good luck with everything!
    Adam
    Tucson, AZ
    Sprint Tour 9630

rgw2112 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
    Eep it definitely sounds like a memory leak. I'm confused, you say that your original Pearl *didn't* have the issue but you had it replaced anyways?

That's not the newest OS you could have, and I'm not even talking about 4.5, you could upgrade to 4.3.0.127. It is my impression that the memory leak is the greatest issue with Blackberrys, and with each upgrade that is the single issue they will try to patch the most. Try an upgrade, get rid of any unnecessary stock photos, themes, vids that you can, and see if it helps. If not, maybe time to call Verizon and complain again? Good luck with everything!
    My original Pearl would freeze and require battery removal several times a week but it was not related to Messenger. It was more random. The 2 refurbs and this brand new Pearl all have the Messenger issue. I have gotten rid of all the unnecessary stuff already. All Verizon wants to do is give me a different model phone. They are not interested in fixing the problem.

Thanks for your help and any other thoughts are welcome.

AdamC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM Me
    No worries, wish I could help more, but to be honest my messenger list is quite..ahem...short. Even with the few contacts I have on my list, I still have the usual issues that I've seen on this forum with messages having trouble showing up, buggy alerts and stuff, but I use a lot of other apps with friends and co-workers who don't have berries, so maybe I just don't stress bbmsg enough!
    Adam
    Tucson, AZ
    Sprint Tour 9630