Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well my blackberry went for a swim in my fish tank. it works fine, I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ill_b_ur_mnky no está en línea Stack level 1

BB went for a swim.

Advertisement

Well my blackberry went for a swim in my fish tank. it works fine, I think it works even better than before. I'm just wondering if there would be future problems that I should be keeping an eye out for. Because I had other phones that dropped before and was fine for a day or two and then all of a sudden it would take a crap on me

linz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318C6CB7

Re: BB went for a swim.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just wanted to say... sorry to hear that!!!! Hope every thing works out. Good luck

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I would let it completely dry before using it again. If water hits a charge and then grounds to something then you'll have a major problem.

Give it a day in a warm place to get most of the moisture out.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    I would let it completely dry before using it again. If water hits a charge and then grounds to something then you'll have a major problem.

Give it a day in a warm place to get most of the moisture out.

definitely do as reddog says, on the other hand, once your phone is dry I dont think you would have any more trouble, I dropped my then brand new pearl into a bucket while working on some stuff , the first thing I did was turn it on, but as i did I realize i was doing wrong so took the batt off and spent 2 hours drying it with a hair dryer, the next day it was fine to use, never had any problems afterwards.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

you will eventually see some sort of problem with your deice, try and dry it out, sometimes the problems wont show for months down the road. if you look inside your device where the battery goes there is a water indicator if it's blood red thats usually not a good sign if it's pale pink or pale red then you have a better chance of it running
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

If you really want to get technical about it you need to disassemble your phone and wipe the residue from your logic board and components! your phone retains moisture very like everyone says dry it out the best you can. On your battery clean the connectors on the phone and the batt to avoid corosion like a car batt. other than that yur pretty lucky
    Dont use chemicals when cleaning your bb
    Last edited by jeffallen8; 11-13-2007 at 08:50 AM.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Yep one thing to do as soon as it gets wet is to take the battery out, and lay each piece on the top rack in the oven... turn it on to about 125 degrees and let it dry out for a couple of hours.
    /~*brooke

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Quote Originally Posted by brooke03 View Post
    Yep one thing to do as soon as it gets wet is to take the battery out, and lay each piece on the top rack in the oven... turn it on to about 125 degrees and let it dry out for a couple of hours.

ewww! i think it would be better to stick it in front of a fan in a sunny room than risk burning it to a crisp. to each their own i suppose

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

It's not going to burn it to a crisp. Try a google search on this topic and this is the recommended method... I've done it a few times... works like a charm as long as you keep it on a very low heat setting.
    /~*brooke

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Quote Originally Posted by brooke03 View Post
    It's not going to burn it to a crisp. Try a google search on this topic and this is the recommended method... I've done it a few times... works like a charm as long as you keep it on a very low heat setting.
    not arguing that doesn't work. it will be like a infant, constant and watchful eye during the process. sorry i dont trust things like that.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

It would be better to give it some time to dry up. You may also want to consider blow air on it to expedite the process of drying. Hope everything turns out well.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

celcon no está en línea Stack level 1

I read an article awhile back on electrics and water accidents. It stated that if you get some of them little white packs of stuff that comes in electric packing boxes that absorbed the moister and dump them in a bowl with the device and put a lid on it and let it set a few days it will suck all the moister out of the parts. I have never tried it but good luck.

PIN/ID
    Huh?

yeah i heard if you put your phone in warm rice it sucks out moisture also! But if you know what your doing take your phone apart and wipe it clean. You just voided your warrenty anyways

ill_b_ur_mnky no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow thanks for all the advice. I didn't expect for anyone to reply so fast. Well I just took apart the phone just now and it has been off since I posted this. I whiped off most of the water visible to my eyes and salt sediments started forming already so I clean that off too.

PIN/ID
    Huh?

How did it turn out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast