Hello all, I am a sales rep with VZW, and I have run across something ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

barrywhumphries no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317A8A73

Question BB VZW 8130 Vista Tethering

Advertisement

Hello all,

I am a sales rep with VZW, and I have run across something that I have no idea how to fix. I have spoken with my "DATA" tech support (yeah right) for about 2 hours, and after all of this, they informed me it had to be Vista. I then contacted HP and was told it was a problem with Microsoft. Short of contacting Microsoft, I thought I would try here....duh!

Anyways, so, I sold a BB Pearl 8130 to a lady about a week ago. She added the $15 tethering package. She has Windows Vista. I told her I would be glad to help her set it up, but she did not have her laptop with her. However, today, she came in asking for help. She was able to install everything, and oddly enough, the Desktop Manager and Media Manager work fine.

However, when trying to install VZ Access Manager, it finds the RIM device on COM4, but after clicking Next, it asks for me to manually install it as a modem by opening the modems control panel. I did this, and clicked add new modem. However, it found no new plug and play modem devices.

I checked the Device Manager: Under USB, it showed BlackBerry Smartphone. Also, under Ports, it showed RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 (COM4) and RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 (COM5). Under modems, it only showed her preinstalled 56k modem.

I am sure all of the software is up to date, as I used a brand new cd to reinstall everything twice. It does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Barry H.

PIN/ID
    317A8A73

Re: BB VZW 8130 Vista Tethering

Bump. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im a tmo rep and we don't use a access mger. We input the string code manually into vista and just use the dm. Of course tmos string code will be different to yours.

PIN/ID
    317A8A73

Thanks for the reply. After hours of research, I finally was able to get it working. We turned the wieless switch off and the disabled the UAC on Vista. It now works perfectly. Pass this on!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~