So i have a 8100 now i cant unlock the phone as its typing the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

madboi no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

So i have a 8100 now i cant unlock the phone as its typing the wrong things, like i type "D" and "A" comes up...

Help!!!!

I have a 8320 that is scrolling to the left by it self.... need some help in fixing this
    Last edited by azstar; 10-25-2009 at 09:44 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you try a battery pull? Has your phone been dropped or gotten water damage?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Maybe the keys are stuck and still acting as tho they are pressed down? The 8100 is dated, what sort of condition is it in? Maybe the phones history comes into play?

looks like the face of the phone was in a little water... did a battery pull, got to unlock the phone and remove the lock... tired to IM some one but it started acting up now...

Anytime you get a phone wet, 1st thing pull the battery then wrap it in a paper towel and put it in a container of rice to absorb the moisture, or with some silica gel packs...Continuing to use a wet phone can cause permanent damage. Let it dry for at least a day, maybe two then try putting the battery in and see if it's OK.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

well its like sprinkles of water on the table and the phone was placed face down on it..

The other phone with the scrolling issue... this is not a trackball problem.. the phone scrolls to the left even without the trackball in the phone...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by madboi View Post
    well its like sprinkles of water on the table and the phone was placed face down on it..

The other phone with the scrolling issue... this is not a trackball problem.. the phone scrolls to the left even without the trackball in the phone...
    I'm 100% sure you just found the issue. The phone has been taken apart and put back together incorrectly.

Nope... phone was never taken apart... i think its something to do with the software..

Those issues are very common to water damage, if your phone was face down on a wet table them you could have gotten a few drops in there and that's all it takes sometimes.

I really recommend you allowing it to dry, at least overnight with the battery out.

If you are convinced it is software them try loading a different OS version on it
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

will do