Hey guys I'm looking to buy the t-mobile dash I already have the pearl but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jr381 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E21DCD

BB pearl vs t-mobile dash

Advertisement

Hey guys I'm looking to buy the t-mobile dash I already have the pearl but its giving me a lot of problem. I wanted to know what you guys thought about the t-mobile dash. Or if its better than the pearl? So guys please do let me know what you think. Pearl vs dash?

Pin: 23E21DCD

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've read up on the Tmobile Dash, other than it's running Win Mobile 5, which of course can become very unstable. I think the features are great! Has everything I hope the 8800 will have when it comes out! Full QWERTY keyboard as well, however your data plan will go up to I believe $29.99 because of the unlimited hotspot service. The Dash has wi-fi which is cool if it works, I had the Tmobile MDA and I could never get my wi-fi to connect to my wireless home network, my laptop yes the MDA no. If you decide on the Dash hope it works out! You could always wait for the 8800!

sleepwalkers no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried an HTC WinMobile 5.0 device on T-Mobile (known as the SDA), and it was fairly slow and unstable. The BB OS has been much easier to use. Only thing I really liked on the SDA over the Pearl was the wifi (which the Dash has).

BLUEHEFNER no está en línea Stack level 3
    Also please note that the Dash WILL NOT enable "free" pop3 e-mail accounts I had the Dash for a day due to my Pearl crashing and I wanted to get one anyway but quickly returned it. I loved the WiFi and Windows was great but I found the Pearl to be more user friendly. The full keyboard (Dash)was really nice and everything seemed to move very quickly...I suppose if I had never owned a Pearl I would be in love with the Dash...but I have and I'm not...

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think the DASH is really cute, a lot smaller than I expected. I haven't had any problems when using a DASH (except keys feel really small now and not used to using full qwerty anymore lol) I agree with everyone the most redeeming feature? Definately WiFi, but if you got the BB unlimited plan, you wouldn't need the WiFi anyhoo.... I also liked that it came stocked with the myFaves icons onto the windows5 even if you don't have the myFaves service.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3
    That's my feeling about the Dash. If you have BB plan you really don't need wifi, which is spotty anyway (and can't use it in the car or traveling). So wifi to me is a novelty. Also the QWERTY keyboard is nice but way too small... if you think the Pearl's SureType keys are small, try the QWERTY. The good thing about the Peal is I can type with one hand and also the SureType serves as a really good spellchecker! LOL

jr381 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E21DCD
    thank you guys for the feedback i think i am going to stick to my pearl. but i just can download the new os .64 on to my blackberry. they say that would fix a lot of the problems that my pearl has for example it erases my call log and some times it gives me and error message and erases everything on my pearl. I could really use some help on how to install the new os on my pearl that would be great. Thanks a lo guys you guys have been really helpfull.

somebody7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yea, I would definitely stick with the Pearl. I bought the pearl as soon as it came out, loved it, but thought I might like the Dash, so I switched over....then I bought my second Pearl. I dont know if it was a problem with the software, or maybe just the Dash that I had, but I had a few problems....like not receiving some of my text messages (1 that was REALLY important), also, when texting (I average about 500/month) I would be typing and all of a sudden it would get stuck on the last key....like this..ttttttttttttttttttttttt. Anyways....other than doing the hack to get the Tzones working on it (and Push Email was decent but not as fast as BlS/BES) The dash was decent, but no Blackberry Pearl.....Also.....it was really a pain using Java apps on the dash....like Google Maps, Gmail, and Opera.

TAH
    TAH no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BB pearl vs t-mobile dash

Had the Dash for one day. Loaded my data base of 3600 names and it slowed to a crawl. 20 seconds to move from one app to another. Hard reset, and tried it again...same slow responce. My Pearl comes on Friday. I hope it is better.
    Last edited by TAH; 01-12-2007 at 12:51 AM.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: BB pearl vs t-mobile dash

Sorry but Im not a big fan of dash