Hello This is my first BB smartphone. After I had started it up I inserted ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ingrid no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Pearl status line

Advertisement

Hello

This is my first BB smartphone. After I had started it up I inserted my old SIM card to copy the address book. Unfortunately it was incompatible and ever since I have in the status line the note (in German, but I write it here ine English) "data connection denied". Can I somehow delete this line? Or have I to go to a shop where an expert must do that? I am no IT expert, only a user.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Regards, Ingrid

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: BB Pearl status line

That error shows up until the data plan is activated, then it should disappear. Try to get the data plan activated through your provider.

AW: Re: BB Pearl status line

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr
    That error shows up until the data plan is activated, then it should disappear. Try to get the data plan activated through your provider.
    Can I find the "data plan" somewhere in the BB menu or do I have to go to a provider's shop?

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: BB Pearl status line

No it is the plan that you purchase from your provider that allows access to receive your email and access the internet. You get it through your provider that you get your voice service from. You can go to their stores or call their CSR to get the plan added and the phone activated. Some on hear use it without the data plan, so they may have another work around to get the notification removed (such as going into the settings options going to mobile network and selecting data off) if you don't plan to uise it with a data plan. Hope this helps some and if not maybe someone else will stumble along with a better answer that will work.

AW: BB Pearl status line

Dear squeakr
    Thanks for your help. I think I must go to the shop where I bought the BB and hope they can help me. But many thanks for your assistance.
    Best regards
    Ingrid