My BB pearl keeps shutting off. Then coming back on for no reason. Then my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

carlastotts0429 no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Pearl keeps shutting off

Advertisement

My BB pearl keeps shutting off. Then coming back on for no reason. Then my mouse when put on an icon would not let me click on the icon to go to the application. Is this normal?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by carlastotts0429
    My BB pearl keeps shutting off. Then coming back on for no reason. Then my mouse when put on an icon would not let me click on the icon to go to the application. Is this normal?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No that is not normal. Could be a loose battery. Try a Cold Re-Boot (battrey out, wait 15 - 30 secs, battery in) and see if that helps and to see if it is loose?

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: BB Pearl keeps shutting off

Welcome to the Stacks Carlastotts. Any luck after the battery pull?

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

We are an It company and supply BB's to our clients as part of our service. Had our first DOA (Dead on Arrival) unit yesterday with exactly the same problem. Battery pull did nothing. It was like on a timer - about 20 secs after power-on, it would freeze for 2 secs, then shutdown and reboot. We sent it back. Is yours new?

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by carlastotts0429
    when u say shutting off .. do u mean radio off? i had the problem with .73 os, i would realise my phone(radio) would switch off on its own. but no such problems after upgrade to 1.66 and now the rogers.

jheelan no está en línea Stack level 1
    yes i turn my radio back on and set my phone down for five mins and the radio goes off .im runing a 4.5 os. it was just updated today! and it still has the same problems. so we reapplyed the 4.5 its still having problems any help?