The phone is pretty damned quirky and inconsistent to say the least. I hope there ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dgmorr no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Pearl is pissing me off

Advertisement

The phone is pretty damned quirky and inconsistent to say the least. I hope there is a software update for it (I haven't looked around much yet).

1) How do I clear ALL of my call logs? My main screen says (-2) Call Log. Does this mean I have two missed calls? Weird, because I DON'T. Is there a way to clear this?

2) My status indicator does not blink red when I have a missed call or a message waiting anymore. It used to, and for some reason, it doesn't. Can anyone help me out with this?

3) If I set the Pearl to flash when ringing, my green status indicator light gets stuck on, and it's VERy bright. Is this another glitch?

4) Can I do multimedia SMS? I have this free from my provider for 3 months, it would be great to take advantage of it. I see no option to send videos or pictures via SMS.

Is there anyway I can do a factory reset?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: BB Pearl is pissing me off

factory reboot will probably help I do one about once a week keeps everything straight
    phone on, batt out 30 sec, then back in
    hope this solves some things
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Hey there,

Thanks for the tip. I took the battery out for about 5 minutes, and it didn't do anything different. Is there a series of keys I need to press?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

nope just the batt pull.
    you may have to make a trip down to the store you got it at may be a defective phone, this happens from time to time
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

benojir no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by dgmorr
    The phone is pretty damned quirky and inconsistent to say the least. I hope there is a software update for it (I haven't looked around much yet).

1) How do I clear ALL of my call logs? My main screen says (-2) Call Log. Does this mean I have two missed calls? Weird, because I DON'T. Is there a way to clear this?

2) My status indicator does not blink red when I have a missed call or a message waiting anymore. It used to, and for some reason, it doesn't. Can anyone help me out with this?

3) If I set the Pearl to flash when ringing, my green status indicator light gets stuck on, and it's VERy bright. Is this another glitch?

4) Can I do multimedia SMS? I have this free from my provider for 3 months, it would be great to take advantage of it. I see no option to send videos or pictures via SMS.

Is there anyway I can do a factory reset?
    Try uprading the OS to the latest Cingulair one (.71) Thats what I'm running and have none of the problems you stated.

LED can be turned off for cell coverage from the settings- screen/keyboard. Might get rid of the green LED.

SMS Messages don't have the function to send pictures. MMS do, so thats probably what you get free from your provider. Got to Compose> MMS then add picture.

No wonder, I don't have an option for MMS. I'm using the Rogers network in Toronto, ON.

cotz no está en línea Stack level 2

you have the option of making the led light flash when theres a missed call? if so, how do I do that?

jenga1083 no está en línea Stack level 2

I remember when I was just like the hoster of this thread a couple of weeks ago when I first got the pearl. But now , after reading the forums, updating the OS, upgrading the apps, installing new apps, my pearl can do anything. I literally can just live off the pearl and its capabilities.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by cotz
    you have the option of making the led light flash when theres a missed call? if so, how do I do that?
    hey cotz, its under profiles. choose the profile you want to edit and you can change the led for each notification

cotz no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    hey cotz, its under profiles. choose the profile you want to edit and you can change the led for each notification

i checked that out, but how do I change my LED to flash when I have a missed call? and or change the color?