I want to buy a Blackberry, but I'm not sure if it is truly worth ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

vhalari no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb BB pearl in India, Good idea or bad?

Advertisement

I want to buy a Blackberry, but I'm not sure if it is truly worth it right now. One reason is because I'm in college in India, and don't know of any good service areas in this location. Anyone here has a blackberry internationally? Just wondering if there have been any problems with it and then you might have to send it back to the US. Just cause it's kinda costly....

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Re: BB pearl in India, Good idea or bad?

A Blackberry is always a good idea!!
    I can't speak for an international plan but of the 4 blackberry's i've owned, (jinx) never once have i had a problem. But really from what i know about travelling oversees your first step is to locate a service provider with coverage in your area and then find an (unlocked) Blackberry that fits your needs. Unless of course the service provider offers them for a reasonable price.
    Good luck and welcome to the stacks

vhalari no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BB pearl in India, Good idea or bad?

I've been looking into it over here, and they do have plans for Blackberry provided by Airtel and Vodafone, but I was more worried about the mechanical aspect of the phone. Plus, my friend is getting it unlocked from T-mobile, which will void the warranty on the phone. Is there a way I subscribe for a international warranty that might be provided by Blackberry company?

sachin98200 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FAF990
    Very good Idea. I am using a BB pearl with Vodafone India
    Works fine for me
    -------
    Buy the Phone from Vodafone directly. It will cost you some Rs. 22000
    Last edited by sachin98200; 03-12-2008 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Automerged.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Not to spooke anyone have you guys read it?

http://www.asiamedia.ucla.edu/articl...parentid=88747

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhalari View Post
    I've been looking into it over here, and they do have plans for Blackberry provided by Airtel and Vodafone, but I was more worried about the mechanical aspect of the phone. Plus, my friend is getting it unlocked from T-mobile, which will void the warranty on the phone. Is there a way I subscribe for a international warranty that might be provided by Blackberry company?
    I have gotten almost all of my BB's unlocked which doesn't void the warranty. Unless that changed recently.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by vhalari View Post
    Plus, my friend is getting it unlocked from T-mobile, which will void the warranty on the phone.
    I've never heard that unlocking phones through your provider would void the warranty. Where did you find this information?