Hi everyone! I Got my blackberry pearl 3 months ago and its been working great ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mercado05 no está en línea Stack level 1

Bb Pearl Help!!!

Advertisement

Hi everyone!
    I Got my blackberry pearl 3 months ago and its been working great until the last few days. The problem is that my phone will shut off in the middle of any use. I will be in the middle of a text mesg. and it will turn off. Some times it will shut off every 30 mins. Also when this happens i lose y text messages and call logs up to a week ago. After it shuts off the red led light flashes and the is a gray screen with a hour glass in the back round its almost like its restarting its self. Another problem that i started to notice is that my battery is being drained even if i don't use it. Please help and respond to this post if you think you know whats wrong or have any suggestions. I don't want to have to change phones because of these problems. Thanks!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Bb Pearl Help!!!

Welcome to the Stacks.

Well what OS are you running? You might want to look into updating it. May help you out. If it continues to happen then it might be your phone. Although it just sounds like a software issue.

Im not sure about the OS because i just use the phone for text, music, movies, and some emails. Where whould i find out what Os im running and where could i get the updates? And thats for the help it means alot!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

you can find the info under Options>About>third line down ex: 4.2.x.xxx

The latest versions of OS can be found here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html

Thanks alot for the willing to help me reddog187. I took my phone to a T-mobile store and they told me to go get the update. After i did it my phone went back to normal.