So I just purchased my first smartphone I was usuing a sharp 902sh unlocked. Loved ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Naroko no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Pearl Gsm Signal Nothing else

Advertisement

So I just purchased my first smartphone I was usuing a sharp 902sh unlocked. Loved the phone decided I wanted a Black Berry Pearl aswell though. There are a few problems I am currently having with the phone I am only getting a gsm signal Someone said i need to be able to see edge or something I didnt quite understand what he meant. Basically implying to me that In order to get wireless on the phone and use my browser I needed edge service. Someone help me on what that is. Second question I do not have a broswer on my phone There is no icon for it at all im running version 4.2.0.64 someone help please if you can even understand what my problem is.

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

Re: BB Pearl Gsm Signal Nothing else

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well in order to see the EDGE service on your phone you need to call your service provider and add the blackberry data plan. I believe its about 20 dollars per month for it. Then you should have internet and that web browser. Hope that helps.

-MP

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Also check if your data services are on by going to options>network>then see if it says data services on. If not, then switch it to on.

-MP

sgtcasey no está en línea Stack level 1

Who is your provider? I know T-Mobile had something going on last night that was only giving me and other folks here at work a GSM signal and no EDGE. But it resolved a couple hours later.

Dave