Hi everybody, My name is Lirim mostly known as LiBa. I'm new to the forum ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

liba no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Pearl Free Internet

Advertisement

Hi everybody, My name is Lirim mostly known as LiBa. I'm new to the forum and i just got a pearl. I was sleepless for the first 2 days of getting it, too busy checking out everything in it, downloading software for it....so on and so fourth. My service provider is ROGERS and i don't have a data plan or anything. I have a couple of questions.

One, my maps application won't work. When i go to it, it just shows a grey background with diagonal scanlines. Do i have to activate it somehow? Do i need internet connection for it, cz i canceled my cellphone internet when i had my old phone cz it kept on going on the internet when it was in my pocked , then i learned how to lock my phone.lol, but i havn't gotten to calling rogers and telling them to activate it. Is there a way to get maps for free if it isn't.

Second, is more of getting to no everyone and seeing how there pearls are like. What is your favourite app or your favourite thing to do on it. Mine personally is texting. My god you can type fast with it.

Ok that's it.

Thanks to everyone in advance for your answers i hope to receive.

LiBa

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Re: BB Pearl Free Internet

LiBa, You need internet to load the map images into blackberry maps. Soyou probably should re activate your bb internet plan. My favorite app is probably color pearl cause its awesome to look at different colors rather than just white

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Welcome to Pinstack...yeah you will need that blackberry plan he speaks of. call your service provider to get more details and what is actually covered. Good luck post back for any questions or progress.

Search this Rogers forum.........may help with some of your questions

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ers_users.html

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

hey Liba check this post too........guide and tips for your bb! Have fun!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/58124-post2.html

CaNe13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2065D53F

Hey Liba i just got a BB pear as well about 1 week ago, and i'm also with rogers in canada, now when i called them about my BB data plan they had a few but they are rather pricey, i only got the 15$ a month plan for using unlimited email on my BB and nothing els, the next plan was like 25-35-45$ and so on, and thats not inclouding how much internet data you use, such as loading a page, you only get a certin amount of MB per month to use just like you only get a certin amount of air time minutes per day to use before you go over and have to pay 30cents a minute lol.

The data plan is the same you go over your certin amount of MB per month and your gonna pay an arm and a leg for it, i think its about 1$ per every 0.5BM you go over O.o, thats crazy if you wanna look at facebook and just login thats 444bits alone, thats already 0.1MB of your data gone just to login to facebook >.<