I need help here im trying to manage my checking with my pearl and when ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jrose696 no está en línea Stack level 1

bb pearl and online banking

Advertisement

I need help here im trying to manage my checking with my pearl and when i try to log in I get a message saying my browser doesn't meet my banks security requirements is there a way to fix this or is this there way of saying i should not be doing this. and would updating my os solve this?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: bb pearl and online banking

I don't know about your bank, not all of them allow it from smartphones. For mine, I had to sing up to use it through my PC first. On your PC go to your banks site and see if they have a signup or info for mobile banking.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

trapdogg no está en línea Stack level 2

try using opera.

athomas917 no está en línea Stack level 3

It varies with the bank. Some banks offer mobile browser links. I know that Paypal now offers one.

bamaandjrfan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FCFA91

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~agree with trapdogg. U got opera?

nox818 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~opera won't let me use the bofa site. However I can use it fine with BB browser

Romeontic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24185AE5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    BB browser works well on me....

jlphotog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

I'm trying to set up my online banking with my Pearl as well. The message I get from my bank is this "Your browser currently has JavaScripting (scripting) disabled. You cannot sign into Online Banking without JavaScript enabled. You will need to change this option in order to sign in."

So, does anyone know how I can enable JavaScript on my Pearl?
    If I wasn't crazy, I would go insane.

broch no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl 8130/Verizon/EVDO/BB default browser

no problems with Bank of America or American Express

in general this does not seem to have anything to do with your bank or device but with your provider securing connection. Either your connection meet security requirements or not.
    EVDO seems to be good enough, GSM or WiFi may not. I would double check if GSM can do more than 128-bit same goes with WiFi.

Second option is incorrect browser setting.

why device does not matter?
    because Pearl user can or can't connect
    same goes with specific Bank.

You may check with your bank, ask about key length requirements (in your state), check what your phone company is capable of.

So, does anyone know how I can enable JavaScript on my Pearl?
    open BB browser
    go to
    options -> browser configuration
    set:
    1) Internet browser
    2) support Java script
    3) emulation mode Blackberry
    I think that emulation mode is important because this is only very simple cheating without real engine supporting it. So better is tell true to allow bank server adjust properly connection setting to your device
    4) you can also play with the option "Allow Java popups"

Anyway, this works for me.
    Last edited by broch; 02-16-2008 at 08:04 PM.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

> So, does anyone know how I can enable JavaScript on my Pearl?

On my BB (not a Pearl) you can go into Browser Options and turn Javascript on or off (as well as select browser emulation, d/l of images, HTML tables, backgrounding etc)

Moechick007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24867F51

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ if you Change your BB browser to emulate internet explorer it helped me but some sites I think are just not accessable from your BB for security reasons

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Meaning, your security too .

Remarkably, the Berry can be safer against phishing attacks. Case in point, I just got another emal inviting me to update my Paypal account. The Berry does not render HTML - so it showed me the address , paypal.com, AND the actual link -- which remarkably enough this month is in Romania, and it has been in Russia, and will be in Easter Island soon enough .

Uh, no, I wouldn't have fallen for it in any case... the reason being I don't HAVE a blessed Paypal account in the first place

jlphotog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

thanks for the advice guys. Once I set the Java my bank allowed me to sing in using my BB. But the changing emulation mode Blackberry is good advise. It works both ways for me but I think I will keep it on BlackBerry for the reasons you stated broch.

As far as the PayPal thing goes, this is taken from the PayPal security tips portion of their site.

Look for a PayPal Greeting: PayPal will never send an email with the greeting "Dear PayPal User" or "Dear PayPal Member." Real PayPal emails will address you by your first and last name or the business name associated with your PayPal account. If you believe you have received a fraudulent email, please forward the entire email—including the header information—to spoof@paypal.com. We investigate every spoof reported. Please note that the automatic response you get from us may not address you by name.
    Don't share personal information via email: We will never ask you to enter your password or financial information in an email or send such information in an email. You should only share information about your account once you have logged in to https://www.paypal.com/.
    Don't download attachments: PayPal will never send you an attachment or software update to install on your computer.
    If I wasn't crazy, I would go insane.