I have read every other thread on this topic and I have tried everything that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

srhMayheM no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down BB Pearl 8110 will not connect to any PC

Advertisement

I have read every other thread on this topic and I have tried everything that was said with no success, so I decided to ask myself. My phone is a BB Pearl 8110 and it worked great until the other day when it stopped connecting to my PC. I hooked it up to 3 different computers and none of them detected it. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the software that came with it, I changed USB cords. I took off the battery, I even completely wiped out the phone and started over and still no computer would detect it. Then I took my brothers BB Pearl 8100 and plugged it in and my computer immediately recognized it. I'm completely out of ideas, If anyone knows what the possible problem is please let me know. Thanks for any help!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Kind of sounds like a bad USB port on your device. Take a magnifying glass to the USB port and see if you can detect any bent pins in there.

I thought of that but it still charges when I plug it into the wall charger. It also charges through my USB on my computer. Im stumped.

OKay, then I'm confused. You said it wouldn't connect to the PC. You mean the Desktop Manager?

I mean it wont connect to anything, my PC doesn't even show anythings plugged into it. And in the bottom left hand corner of DM it says "DEVICE CONNECTED (PIN): None".

And occasionally when I plug it in I get an error message that says "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

Uninstall the DM, reboot your PC and then reinstall a newer version of the DM. I think 4.6 is now available from here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

Reboot your PC again after the installation and let us know how it goes!

Roger

I downloaded and installed "Desktop Manager 4.6.0 B15 English - With Media Manager" the other day. And my computers still didn't know my phone was plugged in. So I uninstalled 4.6 and reinstalled the 4.3 software that came with my phone. This is really frustrating, but I thank you for your help.