Hi guys, I kind-of stealed this title from a thread I just read. I could ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pearly8100 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile BB pearl 8100 compatabilty with _jar extension files - really

Advertisement

Hi guys,

I kind-of stealed this title from a thread I just read. I could not help it. Since it is perfect for my question:

I loaded a few .jar files already (from getjar.com) as instructed on that other thread with the same name (and other older threads). So I copied them to my media card/then download. All good so far.

Then, I got some problems. I'd say 70% did not even start. 20% made to the first screen, and maybe 10% actually ran, and I am not so sure about that.

So, It seems to me that almost all jar files are actually not compatible with the Blackberry Pearl 8100 Java environment. I find this puzzling, since Java is supposed to create an environment where any program would ruin on it, regardless of the CPU, OS, etc.

Kind of like PDF. We can read them on any computer, right? Then appear the same.

What is the problem with the BB Java? Can I download a replacement somewhere?

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    Some programs will not play nice with the BB. I'm guessing the reason being that most are designed for regular phones... while the BB is a bit more than that. But that's just a thought. Maybe someone with more experience will come along and let us in on the secret.

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    All of the applications under the BlackBerry Pearl 8100 section will work.