can i conect my bb pearl to a computer and use the bb internet in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

elvaca24 no está en línea Stack level 1

bb pearl

Advertisement

can i conect my bb pearl to a computer and use the bb internet in my compu?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    If you want ot use your BB as a tethered modem to access the internet you should be able to depending on your carrier - most allow it. The following is an older thread but the pearl works too. If you have any trouble you might call your carrier and they will walk you through the setup:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._internet.html

For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    Be careful doing this unless you have a package for this service. I pay 75 bucks for unlimited data through the tethered modem. If you don't have a package, a movie download can cost ya quite a bit. My carrier charges something like 8 bucks a meg. So imagine a movie that's a gig. You get the picture ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by mattdoucet View Post
    Be careful doing this unless you have a package for this service. I pay 75 bucks for unlimited data through the tethered modem. If you don't have a package, a movie download can cost ya quite a bit. My carrier charges something like 8 bucks a meg. So imagine a movie that's a gig. You get the picture ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Absolutely right, mattdoucet!

Don't do this without a data plan of some type. The tethered modem use is most practical when you're in a location and don't have any type of internet connection. You can establish one by using the BB as a tethered modem.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

elvaca24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thank you for answers
    my provider is t-mobile

T-mobile allows it and they also have the least expensive unlimited data plan that I know of - $19.99.

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    Ya but that data plan probably only includes browsing on the phone not tethered modem as they access two different servers~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    No you can use as a tethered modem without additional charge with unlimited data with tmo

MWARREN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2469DF36
    GO T-MOBILE!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~