I charged my phone before I went to bed and woke up to a white ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gummy no está en línea Stack level 1

BB not working at all!

Advertisement

I charged my phone before I went to bed and woke up to a white screen with the words "Abort Instruction Reset"!
    I did a battery pull and same thing shows up
    Im running the most current OS- the 4.2 ver
    I downloaded Radiobee the night before, does this have anything to do with it?

Please help! I am so frustrated!
    ==gummy==

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BB not working at all!

Quote Originally Posted by gummy
    I charged my phone before I went to bed and woke up to a white screen with the words "Abort Instruction Reset"!
    I did a battery pull and same thing shows up
    Im running the most current OS- the 4.2 ver
    I downloaded Radiobee the night before, does this have anything to do with it?

Please help! I am so frustrated!
    looks like you will have to reinstall the os , then if the same problem happens do this

Master Reset:You go to menu, options, general settings, hit menu, hit wipe handheld.
    Make sure you backup all numbers and any important info it will "erase everything!!!

this is from CHERRIODO SHE KNOWS HER STUFF
    im afraid you are going to have to reinstall the OS so im not sure how far you are...
    1) you need to download the newest device software and install it on your pc (actually execute and install)
    go here: www.blackberry.com/downloads
    2) this thread should help with the instructions
    How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected
    i'll be up for awhile if you are gonna do this tonight and have issues...just PM me

thanks!

i tried all that, so i just went to cingular and got a new pearl! i know i cheated, but i was getting so frustrated. luckly, i was able to exchange it cause it was within the thirty days. but did this happen because i downloaded Radiobee?
    ==gummy==

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by gummy
    thanks!

i tried all that, so i just went to cingular and got a new pearl! i know i cheated, but i was getting so frustrated. luckly, i was able to exchange it cause it was within the thirty days. but did this happen because i downloaded Radiobee?
    its a strong possibility 3rd party apps sometimes create serious problems its always touch and go unless they send them out as beta so we test them first .

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

doubtful radiobee caused it I have had radiobee for months now and no issue.
    sorry to here of your troubles.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

i wonder what caused it though?! should i be scared to dl anything else?
    ==gummy==