I finally updated my pearl 8100 to 4.5.0.110 using all the notes and tips from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3

BB Messenger Wonky after 4.5 Update

Advertisement

I finally updated my pearl 8100 to 4.5.0.110 using all the notes and tips from the other posts. I did not wipe my phone prior to update.

Everything worked fine, except I kept getting that "send PIN update" message in Messenger, so I deleted the Messenger app via Advanced Options. Then I reinstalled Messenger via DM. I still get that message, just not as often, but it's still annoying. Is there anything else I can try?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The "Send PIN Update" contact list, in my experience, comes when I enabled Content Protection in the Security Settings.

My content protectin was enabled. So do you leave content protection off? I'll give it a try.

Exactly which data is protected when that feature is on? My contact data was already excluded.

Well, with content protection disabled, so far so good. But we'll see in the morning if I still get that "send PIN update" message.

I looked up the purpose for content protection and I suppose I don't need it enabled since it's not a work phone with sensitive data, and I already lock the phone when not in use (or holstered).

Turning off content protection seems to do the trick. Thanks EricaJ!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    Turning off content protection seems to do the trick. Thanks Erica!!
    You're welcome. I edited my name to delete the J as its for my last name, not part of my first name LOL