i'm confused about how to use BB messenger. i tried adding a contact's PIN and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

minipini7 no está en línea Stack level 1

BB messenger problem

Advertisement

i'm confused about how to use BB messenger. i tried adding a contact's PIN and it says "pending" on my phone. my friend never received an invitation for me to add him as a contact. he added my PIN to his messenger and it says "pending" on his also and i never received an invitation. i added the PIN through editing the contact from my address book. am i supposed to do something else?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Try this:

-Both you and your friend, delete each other off your bb messenger list
    -Once the two of you are deleted, either you OR your friend add the other
    -The added person should receive a add request, if not they can open the menu on the person's name and choose accept or whatever the ok to accept is
    -Most of all, both have to have BB's for this to work(lol)

It sometimes takes a little while to refresh and be on the contacts list instead of the pending. Let me know what happens.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    This may sound like a dumb question, but both you and your friend have data plans correct? You cannot use BBM with out a data plan and it sounds like one of you don't have one set up.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    This may sound like a dumb question, but both you and your friend have data plans correct? You cannot use BBM with out a data plan and it sounds like one of you don't have one set up.
    very true. i assumed they both have it but i guess not.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    never ASSume..... You would be surprised at how many ppl dont know they need a data plan, or dont have the right kind
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.