Sorry if I started a new unnecessary thread where I should have posted elsewhere but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

The Claw no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BB Messenger Issue Any Help Appreciated!

Advertisement

Sorry if I started a new unnecessary thread where I should have posted elsewhere but I am having an issue with my BB Messnger.

I am a TMO customer and installed the new ATT OS yesterday. After discovering all of the wonderful themes and third party apps you have opened me up to I was on a dl frenzy (a couple themes and some ringtones). Ran into an issue late last night and my OS failed and giving me the VMN 545 (or something similar) error massage...This morning I successfully formatted the device and reinstalled the same new ATT OS. I made sure to delete the vendor file and also replaced the blackberry.alx file giving me all carrier themes.

Now my Blackberry Messenger will not work. The messenger was loaded but the device does not give me the option to add any contacts. I deleted it and tried the OTA download and it is saying that my device is not compaitible...I am lost.

Any Suggestions?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: BB Messenger Issue Any Help Appreciated!

Have you tried to load the BB Messenger through the Desktop Manager?

I have tried, but was unsure if I was doing it correctly. I unchecked what I did not want loaded and it stated that it would erase all the unchecked files and install the messenger. Should I keep the files checked and reload the files that I have already loaded onto my device?

cp6169...thanks for the recommendation. I figured it out and it works now. Only strange thing is when I send a friend request it automatically sends me a a request from myself...to be my own friend. Perhaps BB is trying to tell me something. Strange