Can anyone tell me if what the techies at Rogers (Canada) have told me is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

siver no está en línea Stack level 3

BB Messenger

Advertisement

Can anyone tell me if what the techies at Rogers (Canada) have told me is true? I have had absolutely no luck in receiving messages via BB Messenger. I can see them typing (it says so at the bottom of the screen) and they can receive mine (I get checkmarks beside the message confirming that it went through), but I cannot receive theirs. After dealing with them for over 40+ hours, they say they have contacted RIM and were told that this is a known problem and they are working on the bug within the program...for now, I'm SOL. I've installed, re-installed, deleted and re-installed the program a hundred times to no avail. HELP!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: BB Messenger

Have u tried master reset? I've posted this same stuff for some ppl already it might just help u as well.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Connect your device via USB, open your DM and go to "Backup & Restore" then hit "Backup" and choose a location where u want the file to be saved (my documents, desktop, etc) What it will do is save ALL of your data from the pearl everything from your background pic to your calendar to your media. Ones u done that unplug your device and go to Options/Security Options/General Settings/Hit menu and then select Wipe handheld. This will restore your phone to its original point. Go through the process, it will delete everything but dont worry u saved a file on your PC. After everything is done, plug you device back in, open DM and go to "Backup Restore" and this time hit "Restore" then locate the files u saved and click continue until it starts proccessing.

This will restore everything and bring ALL of your data back. U might also run the set up wizard ones the restore thing is done and your phone went back on.

One last thing, when everything is finished, on your device go to Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table and select the one in bold, then hit menu/register now.

This sure make your bb messenger work . Its not as long of a process as it seems.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for your help - I tried everything you said (you're right, the process isn't as bad as it reads), but unfortunately, still no luck. Everything else works like a charm but BB Messenger...and I am registered with the Host Routing as well. It's very frustrating when everything else works just fine. Maybe it is a RIM application problem with the 8100...

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Well I dont think alot of ppl had this issue so probably not the RIM appl problem. If the appl. works by its self as u said but u cant receive messages, I think this might be something other than the appl it self. I out of ideas I have to say lol, maybe try going to options and under security options or advanced options play around see maybe some options have to be disabled or unabled.

Hope u get it fixed

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I would try a different OS on your BB... Let us know if you try that and how it turns out
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

mambo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2153a1ce

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I download the newest os for Cingular and re installed the BB messenger! I am stoked I got back. So by all means go and pin me up

Ready for this one? I have finally found out the reason that I am not receiving BB Messenger messages from anyone. My name under Contact Info? BB Messenger DOES NOT ACCEPT a full name with a comma or any other symbol behind it, i.e. your name,<--- and then a title, so, Joe Schmo, CEO, won't work. It spits out any messages. If you only have your name, you are set to go...talk about frustrating!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

good info to share, sorry it took you so long but thanks
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Most welcome - seems so simple and yet, impossible unless someone shares this info...

Roadshowgirl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Siver - thank you so much. I will try it tomorrow first thing. Unfortunately I have to reinstall my bb messenger first (nope, not hidden etc.) - followed every advice on this forum besides the firmware update. Will do that first thing and then follow your instructions. The lack of receiving messages was the main reason why I deleted the bb messenger in the first place....

Will keep you updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadshowgirl
    Siver - thank you so much. I will try it tomorrow first thing. Unfortunately I have to reinstall my bb messenger first (nope, not hidden etc.) - followed every advice on this forum besides the firmware update. Will do that first thing and then follow your instructions. The lack of receiving messages was the main reason why I deleted the bb messenger in the first place....

Will keep you updated.
    Hopefully, you just had too many characters and/or symbols on your nick and that's why it didn't work. I deleted mine a million times b/c of being so frustrated and then voila. I hope it works for you and anyone else having these types of difficulties.

Good luck!