Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So ur obviously running 4.2. Did they include or do you have the operating system ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: BB messenger

Advertisement

So ur obviously running 4.2.

Did they include or do you have the operating system loaded onto your computer?

If so, open DM, connect your device and go to add/remove applications. Click through until you get to the list off applications with the boxes that are check marked.

Scroll down and see if BB messenger is checked. If it is, uncheck it, click next, it will remove it.

Then do the same thing, only this time check it and then move forward.

If you go initially and it is NOT checked, then check it and click through and it should install.

I am not sure if you can actually download the BBM OTA for a 4.2 device.

The last time I saw and looked, the only version of BBM that was avail OTA was the 4.1 version, not 4.2. So there is a chance if you downloaded OTA, the 4.1 version won't be useable on the 4.2 OS.

That's another one of the nice things about 4.2, preinstalled BBM. :-D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cercopes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D8D11

Thanks for the info, but once I removed I went back and now bb messenger in not listed.
    Thanks for typing all that out on your BB

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Not listed in your group of applications on dekstop manager?

Do you have an operating system package or whatever already installed on your computer? Because if you do, then there should be a BBM cod and alx file preinstalled in that OS.

If you don't and can't get thru to the tmo bb upgrade site, just go over to Cingular and grab theirs and delete out the vendor.xml file.

Then when u connect your device and it asks if you want to upgrade, choose no and go to the add/remove apps again and it should be in the list there. (Scroll all the way down if you don't see it, but I know its there somewhere) then just reload it from there.

Email me if u need additional help and I don't respond right away. I'm having a problem getting notifications.

N8DBB
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

z414a4d no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E9185A

nah, it should not have affected any of your other programs...

Cercopes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D8D11

Thanks for all the info guys! I finally was able to upgrade my pearl to version .64 and that took care of the issue. Thanks again!

BTW if you upgrade to v.64 moving the trackball when someone calls, will not silence your phone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12