Results 1 to 15 of 15

i just wanted to ask if anyone knew what some of the icons ment in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    littlemojo's Avatar
    littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64
    Posts
    650

    bb messanger icons

    Advertisement



    i just wanted to ask if anyone knew what some of the icons ment in messanger.
    like when the is a facewith a red cross it means unavailable, but what dos it mean when there is a face and it had 2 little red cc next to the face?
    Death is only the beginning

  2. #2
    Einherjer's Avatar
    Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    842

    Re: bb messanger icons

    Use the menu to check contact status. It will tell you.

  3. #3
    StaceyRVC's Avatar
    StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Posts
    9,321

    Re: bb messanger icons

    the lil cc usually means they are on the phone

  4. #4
    littlemojo's Avatar
    littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64
    Posts
    650

    Re: bb messanger icons

    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    the lil cc usually means they are on the phone
    that sounds about right lil cc near the mouth face icon.

    lol easy answer to a simple problems
    Death is only the beginning

  5. #5
    StaceyRVC's Avatar
    StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Posts
    9,321

    Re: bb messanger icons

    LOL you are too funny

  6. #6
    littlemojo's Avatar
    littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64
    Posts
    650

    Re: bb messanger icons

    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    LOL you are too funny
    thnx
    i was just asking as it was on most of the contacts in my messanger including your name, just throught something went wrong after i updated the os.
    Death is only the beginning

  7. #7
    cliffr39's Avatar
    cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: bb messanger icons

    Quote Originally Posted by littlemojo
    i just wanted to ask if anyone knew what some of the icons ment in messanger.
    like when the is a facewith a red cross it means unavailable, but what dos it mean when there is a face and it had 2 little red cc next to the face?
    I only see that when it says "Unreachable" for a contact (if it is the icon I'm picturing you describing lol)
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

  8. #8
    FroggyStyle's Avatar
    FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    149

    Re: bb messanger icons

    Couple of ?'s

    1. So the face w/ the clock and the italic name, is a person is busy (according to contact info.)

    How does a person set them self to busy?

    2. The face with the little lines, and talked about above is unreachable (according to contact info.)

    Is this a setting? Or what is the cause of the unreachable?

    I am aware that you can set your self to unavailable however that seems to give a completely different icon (face w/ red x) then the above. So what is the difference between unreachable and unavailable ?

  9. #9
    brooke03's Avatar
    brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: bb messanger icons

    Quote Originally Posted by FroggyStyle View Post
    Couple of ?'s

    1. So the face w/ the clock and the italic name, is a person is busy (according to contact info.)

    How does a person set them self to busy?


    2. The face with the little lines, and talked about above is unreachable (according to contact info.)

    Is this a setting? Or what is the cause of the unreachable?

    I am aware that you can set your self to unavailable however that seems to give a completely different icon (face w/ red x) then the above. So what is the difference between unreachable and unavailable ?
    They are set to "busy" when they are on the phone.

    The second questions is when you set your status to "Unavailable," as far as I know.

    Idle will show a little icon by the happy face when someone sends you a message. The msg will show a "D" meaning delivered but won't show "R" meaning Read until they read it.
    There will be a clock if they are unavailable for a long period of time.
    /~*brooke



  10. #10
    FroggyStyle's Avatar
    FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    149

    Re: bb messanger icons

    Quote Originally Posted by brooke03 View Post
    They are set to "busy" when they are on the phone.

    The second questions is when you set your status to "Unavailable," as far as I know.

    Idle will show a little icon by the happy face when someone sends you a message. The msg will show a "D" meaning delivered but won't show "R" meaning Read until they read it.
    There will be a clock if they are unavailable for a long period of time.
    I have had people on my list showing as busy for days at a time, so I am not sure they are on the phone

    And the other still confuses me, if I go to unavailable, it shows the face with the red x and even changes the category.

  11. #11
    brooke03's Avatar
    brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: bb messanger icons

    Quote Originally Posted by FroggyStyle View Post
    I have had people on my list showing as busy for days at a time, so I am not sure they are on the phone

    And the other still confuses me, if I go to unavailable, it shows the face with the red x and even changes the category.
    It's not just "not on the phone." Idle is just when you don't touch it for an extended period.

    If you go to unavailable, it places you in another category because that's pretty much saying you don't wish to be bothered. That way you don't show up in their "online" contact list so you can have your privacy or whatever you wanted.
    /~*brooke



  12. #12
    FroggyStyle's Avatar
    FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    149

    Re: bb messanger icons

    Quote Originally Posted by brooke03 View Post
    It's not just "not on the phone." Idle is just when you don't touch it for an extended period.

    If you go to unavailable, it places you in another category because that's pretty much saying you don't wish to be bothered. That way you don't show up in their "online" contact list so you can have your privacy or whatever you wanted.

    I understand the idle thing.

    And I understand the concept of away and the different category.

    What I don't understand is the difference between unavailable (face with red x icon) and unreachable (face with the little lines)

  13. #13
    brooke03's Avatar
    brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: bb messanger icons

    Well as far as I know, the only status you can actually "set" is either Available or Unavailable.

    Busy and unreachable are statuses that is based on an attempt to send a message to the recipient. They are not something that can be set, according to what I've seen.
    /~*brooke



  14. #14
    FroggyStyle's Avatar
    FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    149

    Re: bb messanger icons

    Quote Originally Posted by brooke03 View Post
    Well as far as I know, the only status you can actually "set" is either Available or Unavailable.

    Busy and unreachable are statuses that is based on an attempt to send a message to the recipient. They are not something that can be set, according to what I've seen.
    Hmmm I wonder how she goes unreachable....



    The unreachable contact above goes back and forth (depends if her man is around) and I cant figure out how she does it..
    Last edited by FroggyStyle; 02-09-2008 at 05:17 PM. Reason: removed bad image content

  15. #15
    brooke03's Avatar
    brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: bb messanger icons

    Interesting... I've never had anyone go unreachable.

    Unless maybe the phone is off?
    /~*brooke



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •