I have 3 e-mail accounts on my Pearl. When a message comes into any one ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TAH
    TAH no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Messages and e-mails

Advertisement

I have 3 e-mail accounts on my Pearl. When a message comes into any one of them it shows up under Messages.
    If I delete BB Messages, will the emails show up under the 3 listed acconts? If I delete any application where can I find it, if I want to reinstall it?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: BB Messages and e-mails

When you get an email in messages it is also filtered into the listed email account icons. If you delete one of those emails it will say delete on handheld or delete on handheld and mailbox. If you click handheld it will only delete it from messages, handheld and mailbox it will delete it from both.

If you delete an application you need to reinstall it from where you originally got it. If it is an application that came with the BB then you need to install the BB handheld software and run the desktop manager and and app loader to reinstall the app.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I am confused. By BB Messages, do you mean BB Messenger or the Message Application that is part of the OS Installation? If the former it won't do anything for the messages. If the latter, if you delete it you will no longer get any messages. You can Hide the Messages Icon, but don't delete it. As to deleting applications, it depends on which one(s) you delete whether you can get them back or not.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

TAH
    If I delete from messages,handheld only, it delets both from messages and mail icon

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yes, because they are both the same list and on your handheld. They will not be removed from the server until they expire. For more information on how the Message App works with the different email accounts read this post, Understanding Multiple Mail App Icons (BIS 2.x).

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

TAH

A TMO rep explained it this way. The Messages Icon was the older Icon for BB. With the explosion of E-mails they now have seperate Icons for them. Yes, all messages go the the Messages Icon, think of it as a read Icon. Then you can send from the individual ones, insuring your recipiant recieves the email from the account, address, you intend. Deleting from either icon is the same delete.
    Now I understand.