Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OK, I hope that someone can help us here. One of my bb buddies got ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TaraG no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Bb Mess Is Giving Me And My Buddy Fits!!!

Advertisement

OK, I hope that someone can help us here. One of my bb buddies got a new 8100 yesterday. She had a pearl and an 8800, she got traded the pearl and gave her old 8800 to her hubby.

She pin'd me to tell me her new pin #. I went into BBM and deleted her old number. Then I went to my address book and deleted her old pin number and put in her new one.

When I went to BBM to add her as a contact again, it put her as Pending. She and I each tried to add each other several times last night, but every time it said pending on both of our bb's.

We both tried the ol battery pull to no evail. This morning we tried it again, only this time she never got my request. I did get hers. The only thing that I notice that I haven't seen before is when she sends me a request and it goes under pending, it's not just her name, but it's her whole bb email addy.

BTW, she didn't have any trouble with any of her other contacts.

We tried to find out if anyone else was having trouble with their BBM, but there's no threads on it so I guess it's just us. What can we do?????

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Bb Mess Is Giving Me And My Buddy Fits!!!

I have came across this issue once before. I didn't have any issues after removing the contact that was giving me issues and letting them send me a request to add me to their blackberry and after receiving the request and approving them then I add them to my addressbook again. I am not sure if this may work for you but it is worth a try. Don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Felixtc
    I have came across this issue once before. I didn't have any issues after removing the contact that was giving me issues and letting them send me a request to add me to their blackberry and after receiving the request and approving them then I add them to my addressbook again. I am not sure if this may work for you but it is worth a try. Don't you think?
    We've done that about 4 times and for some reason every time it doesn't accept either one of us. It's puts us under pending. I know that I deleted both of her old #'s. Not sure if she deleted me and then re-tried. I'll pin her now to see...

She told me that she did delete me and re-add me
    Last edited by TaraG; 04-07-2007 at 04:49 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

is this Wendy?
    because she is showing up in bbm with TWO smilies!

Hey Cherri!! It IS Wendy! She told me last nite that you and her didn't have any trouble. We couldn't figure out why we can't get it right? I mean, we've done this before with no trouble...WTF???

PIN/ID
    ATA

idk! but i seriously have her showing up as two bb smileys! one beside the other...one is gray and one is yellow! so its not just the two of you...something is wierd.

::edit::
    rebooting now to see if her extra smiley goes away.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

This is a huge problem. I have a contact Pending right now because I am not sure they got my invite. Is there a way to solve this??? This has been bugging me since my first 7105T. I never had this on my 7100Ts.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    This is a huge problem. I have a contact Pending right now because I am not sure they got my invite. Is there a way to solve this??? This has been bugging me since my first 7105T. I never had this on my 7100Ts.
    Sorry to hear that there's someone else with this prob...but thank god!!!!! I thought we were just crazy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    idk! but i seriously have her showing up as two bb smileys! one beside the other...one is gray and one is yellow! so its not just the two of you...something is wierd.

::edit::
    rebooting now to see if her extra smiley goes away.
    Does her name show up in ur list, or is it her whole bb email addy?

Quote Originally Posted by TaraG
    Sorry to hear that there's someone else with this prob...but thank god!!!!! I thought we were just crazy!!!
    So did I. I thought I was the only one who had this problem.

PIN/ID
    ATA

its her name. and i didn't even have to approve it. she just showed up under a different category/group last night.

You don't think this has something to do with me dl Cingy's latest OS? I did that about a week ago.

No I don't think so. I just got your message.

Well now I think I royally screwed up!! I was looking at my emails in gmail and noticed some emails from Wendy for a buddy request. When i opened it I saw the link to dl the BBM app. I thought well maybe i could try to update it and it'll work. WRONG!!! Once I dl it and rebooted, my BBM icon disappeared!
    When I tried to dl it again just to see what would happen, it said that I already had that app on my bb do i want to replace it. So it's still on my bb somewhere, I just don't know how to find it!!
    I did resend my service books, thinking that may help. I don't want to do anything else until I can fix this!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Sounds like a defective device because I just chatted with Wendy a few minutes ago and she still has 2 smileys next to her name.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast