I have a question, I've noticed something that I thought was interesting. When I am ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

Question BB Media & Bluetooth...

Advertisement

I have a question, I've noticed something that I thought was interesting. When I am listening to music on my Pearl thru the speaker on the back, I have my Bluetooth headset on (Plantronics PLT510) then a phone call comes in, the music stops playing, my bluetooth headset starts beeping, so I answer the call and talk. Then when I end the call, the music starts playing again, only this time its playing in my bluetooth headset! It plays for about 2 seconds then stops playing in my headset, and back thru the Pearl speaker. Makes me wonder why cant the Pearl be stereo bluetooth compatable? It has done this about 10 + times so far.
    Just thought it was interesting.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: BB Media & Bluetooth...

Have you made it play any longer than 2 seconds? Mine wont play at all.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Accordiing to RIM it will do this in the 4.2.2.xxx series of OS upgrades. When we will see one of those they have yet to say. There is a discussion about this in a few other threads on here. You can currently get the Dollars5 mediaplayer and listen through BT, but it is not stereo, just mono for now but does work with regular and stereo BT headsets, only the stereo ones play mono in both ears. Hey it is at least something.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Where did you get this at may I ask as others have been looking for it for a while?? Currently the latest OS out is 4.2.1.101. That is the one that I am running..

7100sib no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr
    Where did you get this at may I ask as others have been looking for it for a while?? Currently the latest OS out is 4.2.1.101. That is the one that I am running..
    If you look at the profile they are using an 8830 which has A2DP and is on 4.2.2

Good catch, at least that clears things up as I was awaiting an answer about that question. I didn't notice they were usig a different model as the original discussion was about getting BT stereo on the Pearl. CP said theirs didn't work and they had version 4.2.2.xxx so I just assumed that they were using a Pearl as well. At least this solves that mystery......unless they have a Pearl also and some how do have the mysterious 4.2.2.xxxx ....... hmmmm???? (still hoping).