Every time I try to add a application or do anything in BB manager it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DarkFox no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Manager tries to unistall Docs to Go

Advertisement

Every time I try to add a application or do anything in BB manager it tries do down grade Doc's to Go, Says unrecognized modules will be deleted.

Is there a way to install a APP without it trying to change other apps, I looked at all the settings and can't find a way to tell it to stop the other changes.

BB Manger 4.5, Tmobile os 4.5

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    It looks like there's a conflict between the version on the DM and the version that's on your BB. Maybe update your Desktop manager and see if that helps.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    DarkFox,

If you go here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files and, in the Loader Files, rename DocumentsToGo.alx to DocumentsToGo.sav (any other extension will do) and then try it.

This usually occurs after you have gone through the Docs to Go upgrade so that it'll alway try to go back to the original version. Try that.

(If you ever need it again for any reason you can name it back.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

DarkFox no está en línea Stack level 2
    Renaming the .alx worked.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFox View Post
    Renaming the .alx worked.

Thanks.
    Right. Most times I think users just delete it. You get a new one when you upgrade the OS. I simply rename it just in case I need it later. Glad you got taken care of.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Right. Most times I think users just delete it. You get a new one when you upgrade the OS. I simply rename it just in case I need it later. Glad you got taken care of.
    thanks for the info. I didn't know that either
    Tjank
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    thanks for the info. I didn't know that either
    Tjank
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Welcome. The info's not original with me. I'm not sure but I think Azstar may be the one who told me about it although I usually rename files, for safety, before deleting them. The first time I installed a different carrier's OS, I renamed the vendor file instead of deleting it.

...but I had the same problem as Dark Fox with Docs to Go until someone helped me out. Glad I could pass it along.