I noitced it today in a meeting when i got an email and didn't hear ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ryley4866 no está en línea Stack level 1

BB gets loud then soft

Advertisement

I noitced it today in a meeting when i got an email and didn't hear the ringtone while it was in my holster. My volume for my phone, like the ringtone or playing music was really soft even if i put tone on high and to the loudest setting. I was wearing a bluetooth headset, and i took it off then it would go back to normal, i would hook up the bluetooth again and it would get soft. So i just left the blue tooth off.

Should i just not use the bluetooth as it seems to only do it when i have it on. Yet i have been using my blutooth headset for two weeks now and this is the first time it's happend. I'm not sure whats wrong.

If someone could help or explain to me why it does it that would be great! Thanks!

**RYLEY4866**

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: BB gets loud then soft

What kind of headset are you using? I use an H500 on my 8700c and have never noticed a difference in volume.

Zo.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

My first thought is for you to do a batt pull.
    phone on batt out 30 sec then back in.
    usually solves small issues like this one
    hope this helps
    if not post back
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Okay, I have Pearl not sure what kind of headset it's a motorola. It came in like a pack with a case and phone charger so it could be like a cheap one.

I have had the Headset disconnected and it hasn't gotten soft yet. I'll try to pull the battery then attach the headset and see if it still happens.

Thanks Guys!

**RYLEY4866**

PIN/ID
    ask me

post back with results so we can help ya more if you need!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Okay, i pulled battery and put headset back on and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the help! I was about to take it back to cingular and get the red one ^^ I'll keep an eye on it for a while and if i have any questions or problems i'll let you know, Thanks again!

**RYLEY4866**

PIN/ID
    ask me

No problem. glad all is well in your BB land!

It's me again.

Okay so i went a day with out using my Motorola Bluetooth and the sounds were fine. So today i decided to use the bluetooth to see how it would go and it started acting up again. I couldn't hear my phone ring, or hear my message tone alerts. I had my bluethooth fully charged. I don't seem to know why it's acting up again or if it is my bluetooth it self or my bluethooth and pearl combined.

Any suggestions?

**RYLEY4866**

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I noticed a lot of issues with some of the Bluetooth headsets I used when using my Treo 650. I ended up going through 5 before I found one that would work consistently with no issues. Didn't have any issues with that same headset when I moved to my BB but I haven't tried any of the other headsets I had. I have found (I work in retail also) that not all headsets work consistently with PDA devices and have learned to trial them before the customer walks out the door to see what does and doesn't work the way it should.

Zo.

Any particular barnd or model you think would be good? i don't think i could just go with out it i really need it for work, multi tasking becomes very dificult with a phone stuck to your shoulder and ear.

**RYLEY4866**

thedevilinme no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F3FCFF

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try a panotronics head set there like 99 bucks at best buy but they work great cut out all back ground noise and it sits in ur ear and weights 9 grams I'm a trucker and its great for the volume and comfort u don't even kno its there

Thanks! I think that is the same one my mom has for her Treo or something like that. She loves it and i can actually hear her well when she uses it before it was hard to understand her. I will look into it thanks again!

**RYLEY4866**

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I personally use a Motorola H500 but have found the Bluetrek lineup to be very reliable also.

Zo.