My bb has been erasing all my calls and txt messages by itself and it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

scastillo13 no está en línea Stack level 1

BB erases all call logs and txt mgs, help!

Advertisement

My bb has been erasing all my calls and txt messages by itself and it getting ridiculous! can anyone help??

PuRowdy no está en línea Stack level 2
    You are most likely out of memory, mine does this frequently and its annoying as hell. Check your available space by going to Options --> Status, if File Free is low or says 0 you need to fix that. You can often do this by turning the phone off and pulling the battery, when you start it back up it will get a lot of space back. Another tip would be to move photos that are stored on device memory to a media card, you can also remove many pre-installed applications.

i will try that, however my "file free" is still at 1881614 bytes, and i dont keep pics on device memory. I will remove other crap out just in case, but any more suggestions are much appreciated thanks a lot!!!! laters

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    That is not that much space. 1881614 bytes is only 1.79 MBs. Did you erase the sample video and unneeded languages? Have you been installing a lot of themese?

I had someone at work that was totally full and I erased the sample video, the 2 unneeded languages, and removed the battery it cleared up 13MBs.

i just re-started it and got more but please fill me in on how to delete "unneeded languages", they are gone as soon as u can give me instructions...thanks again

under device memory/samples/ there is a lot of stuff i dont want but cant erase, any ideas how to make em disappear??
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 10-20-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: content

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    I used to get that before. i just couldn't resist putting all kinds of apps and themes on my phone even if i didn't use them. Now i'm running my BB bear bones anything i don't need is off, breakbreaker, help, tasks, memo, maps, all languages cept for english etc. Just run the DM hit advanced and remove em. i usually hover at 21.7MB.

I also wipe my BB with JL_Cmder and reinstall the O.S once in a while i get arond 32MB free after that.

I can't remove the sample video and locked pictures though, i'm on 4.5 and i can't find their names in the program files.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

I delete them right from the blackberry. Go to options, advanced options, and then applications. Click the blackberry button and choose delete on anything you don't need. If they are needed to run the phone it won't have a delete options. You can always reinstall anything you delete by mistake with the Desktop Manager.

exiii no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask
    You know, this is pretty damn weak on RIM's part. How can it be acceptable for a business communication device to arbitrarily delete logs like this? I need that info.

I'm new to this phone, and still trying to figure things out, but T-mobile doesn't leave you very much of the scant 64mb out of the box. Saturday, I got rid of everything I thought was safe to lose (samples, some stock apps that came installed, themes I tried and don't use, I set my on-device photo buffer to 0) and was able to clear up a total of 14mb. I look at my call log just a few minutes ago, and it's gone again. I look at my free space and I'm down to 1.5mb.

I then manually close down every app I can and get it back up to 5mb. I pull the battery and it's sitting just under 10mb.

I have an half-empty µSD card, and it's not like I'm storing pics or media on the device itself. This memory is being consumed by apps running on the phone.

I can't imagine that a call log data table is going to take up a huge amount of memory. In the course of a week, if it takes up more than 100kb something is very wrong with the way the OS stores data. By contrast, the entire address book on my Palm TX takes up 300kb.

It would make much more sense to start closing down unused apps than to purge an important database. Even better, would be a warning message with a user-selected list of apps to close or data to purge.

This phone (pearl 8120) is cool as hell, but IMO, the memory management methodology RIM uses is just irresponsible.

exiii no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask
    So basically, for me to avoid call log/message deletions, I have to manually purge system memory and reboot at least twice a day. Tell me that's not BS!

I have the VZW 8830. I was fine running 4.2.2.196 and never ran out of space. I'm currently running a 4.5 beta so I take the battery out every couple of days which I expected. (Which by the way it seems like the beta 4.5 uses more battery then the 4.2 I was running.) I uninstall everything I don't use and only leave 2 custom themes on there. The highest I have gotten my phone on free space is around 15MBs. I checked just now before I removed the battery and only had 2.1MBs. I hope to get a newer phone but it will be a while before the contact ends. I want the STORM!

I also installed and ran maxmem to remove the voice dialing since I never use that.

Foghorn no está en línea Stack level 1

Fix

Hey All,

Mine had the same problem. There is a fix/patch out there. Contact your carrier. Mine is fine now.

They say you should have at least 10,000,000 bytes available.

fjl307 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Go to Options-> Security -> Memory Cleaning and enable it to whenever you please. You will have to do this after every time you reset or pull the battery out of your berry but it seems to be working for me. Also hit the "shift" and "back" key (the one to the right of the trackball), this will bring up an Alt-Tab like window showing all running applications. By default, the OS will have a few programs such as the call log open. Hope this helps.