When you are at the top option (messages) scroll the track ball to the right ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

BB Dimension Today theme profile trick

Advertisement

When you are at the top option (messages) scroll the track ball to the right and then it highlights the little speaker icon. Click on it and now it takes you to your profile options.

Dont know if this was mentioned before but I just found it.

Alex

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: BB Dimension Today theme profile trick

I saw that too...pretty neat stuff. Now, if we could only change the way it shows the date.

Actually playing with it more, it doesnt matter if youre at the top option, you can be anywhere and just scroll to the right to highlight the speaker.

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

Don't wanna hijack your thread but anyone know how to control what appears on the Today screen?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes, organize them...

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cool tip

Ders no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e0cb95

how do we control what's on the main screen. By default it puts messages, phone log, and then calendar. I wanted to change the order. Any ideas?

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you are talking about today plus, you can only use those default ones. I use this theme and love it, gives me quick access to all the stuff I use daily. With both side buttons personalized and the 5 editable menu options I have quick access to just about everything.
    Last edited by X Factor; 10-23-2006 at 04:43 PM.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ders
    how do we control what's on the main screen. By default it puts messages, phone log, and then calendar. I wanted to change the order. Any ideas?
    Answered in this thread:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...me_screen.html
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    That doesnt help with the theme discussed in the topic. For this theme theres pretty much nothing you can do for the lists that are on the screen. I would personally love to get rid of the bottom one "applications" as its worthless considering theres an "applications/menu" button anyway.

jmb180 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    That doesnt help with the theme discussed in the topic. For this theme theres pretty much nothing you can do for the lists that are on the screen. I would personally love to get rid of the bottom one "applications" as its worthless considering theres an "applications/menu" button anyway.
    I agree. It's completely unnecessary to have the apps down the bottom when a one-click of the menu key delivers you to the same organised app screen! Pointless

What I would love to see in a theme is a similarly organised theme as to the today plus theme, but with only the icon and not the title of the icon. So, instead of the icon on the left of the screen AND a header telling us that we are looking at: eg. "Messages?", "Call log", "Calendar", it would instead be better to just have the icon, then the related information adjacent to it. That would free up an extra space for a third line of missed call, email, calendar info.

I guess it would look a bit like Zen, but would have the relevant info constantly on display, not just when you highlight over the icon.

What do you guys reckon? Does anyone know if something similar like that exists?

howdini no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EBDAC5

I like the apps at the bottom...I put my faves there, and it eliminates the extra step of hitting the menu key. But why, oh why, can't we change those defaults? Who needs the call log when it's right under your thumb? And I want tasks up there, dammit! Someone build me an adjustable theme!

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I think a lot of people would pay money to have a customizable BB Dimension Today Plus theme. If nothing else, allow us to change colors so we don't have that hidious yellow bar to highlight things...

In all seriousness, it's a pretty good theme. For business users, the task list does make more sense than the phone log -- but I'm sure others would disagree.