Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey ... thanks for the reply... I've had a read thru that thread before but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kayman no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BB Browser on Pearl when on BIS?

Advertisement

Hey ... thanks for the reply... I've had a read thru that thread before but wasnt sure if it was the same for Vodafone Australia. I might give it a go anyhow no harm I guess. Your not in AU are you ?

EDIT: reread your last post .. your in UK lets hope its the same for AU
    Last edited by kayman; 01-29-2007 at 11:53 PM.

robd2_2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

didnt work for me

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64

i am in the uk on vodafone.
    from what i understood from the tech people at vodafone is that your number has to be provisioned for mobile browsing and thats where most of the problems start. as some do not do that if you where on a normal contract before not a bb but normal mobile then this could be the case as i was on a normal contract first then switched to a bb contract (data,email services) and my number wasnt provisioned but once i got in touch with them it was sorted out and i now have 2 browsers a vodafone live and bb browser also a bb help icon.
    let me know anyways what happens. it may be a little bit of help by also including you PIN and a link to this thread when you email them.
    Death is only the beginning

and here is the fantastic reply via email ... looks like i gotta attack via the phone again *sigh*

------------
    Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are unable to assist appropriately with your Blackberry enquiries via this medium and we recommend you escalate this matter to a manager within our Data Support team who is best able to assist you further.

Please call 1300 650 410 from a fixed line phone, and select option 4 in order to speak with a Data Support team member. A manager should be available for you to discuss this matter with if required.
    -------------

PIN/ID
    2509fd64

sorry to hear that
    well at least it say to speak to a manager rather then a office temp who know nothing.

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

BIS and BB Browser here. Had to call Cingular and specifically ask them to send me the service books for the browser. Turns out that I was not 'provisioned' for the BB Browser. Try using the word provision. It might spark their memory.

PIN/ID
    2509fd64

great tip by VanillaEps as thats what the email i recived from vodafone said that my number was not provisioned and once it was everything worked great.
    so i guess the problem may be around this.

Well don’t know how or when but its fixed!!! I haven’t got a call from Voda I actually hadn’t called them back after their email response.

I was having some problems with my BIS email (taking long to receive emails) so i deleted the service books and resent them from the mobileemail website and it sent them... i then noticed the Internet Browser icon too!

I had done this about 10 times before with no change so don’t know if it was just a coincidence or not but its working now. I might call them back when i get a chance to see what comments have been written to my file for everyone else's info.

Just to update... I called them back and asked what they did, this was their reply

There was a bug in the system that wasn't correctly activating the internet browsing which has now been fixed, so if you resend the service books it will push it out correctly now.

So basically anyone with Vodafone AU resend your service books from http://mobileemail.vodafone.com.au and you should have the Internet Browser icon.

Thanks to all who helped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12