Hey Everyone, I'm just learning about my BB and working my way around this site. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

paullhuynh no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BB 8130 email setup questions

Advertisement

Hey Everyone, I'm just learning about my BB and working my way around this site.

Question: I have a corporate work email that I wanted to get sent to my BB (that's why I got the thing), paid Sprint $30 extra for the BB plan, then was told I need to pay another $39 to get on the plan with the Enterprise servers to get my work Outlook emails to show up on the BB. Not happy about that and was thinking about returning the phone. But I typed in my email address on the email set up page on the BB anyways and surprisingly started getting my Outlook emails to appear on the phone. It's been working great for 2 weeks now and I never paid the extra $39. Anybody else experience this?

Another question, is there a way to not double up on the notifications?.... meaning when I miss a call, it shows up on the Call Log and Message areas. I can view it on the call log, but still need to view it on the message area to get rid of the notification.

Thanks in advance....it's been fun so far reading stuff on the site.

abad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D26FDC

Re: BB 8130 email setup questions

I'm not sure about your first question but about your call logs showing up in your message area. Open your call log - menu/options/call logging and then select none and save. That should fix your calls from going to your messages. ;p
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

The other PLAN they are making you sign up for is for the BES. If you're company doesn't have a BES server then there is no need for you to get the other plan.

Hope this helps.

paullhuynh no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks much for the call log directions. "abad" - I followed your steps exactly and no more missed calls in the message area. Very nice. Thanks again.

I have a very vague understanding of email networks and the such. BES is the Blackberry Enterprise server right? What is BIS that I see mentioned? Is that for Gmails and Yahoo type accounts? I thought all Outlook work emails were BES? Sorry if these are rookie questions.....

abad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D26FDC

your welcome paullhuynh glad i could help !!

Lum
    Lum no está en línea Stack level 2

BIS = BlackBerry Internet Service... more like consumer/personal. But it does support gmail, yahoo, all POP servers...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

BIS is usable with Outlook. Not all Outlook is BES.